5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Optional Tire/Wheel protection (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/optional-tire-wheel-protection-35934/)

jochet 01-22-2007 06:39 PM

Somehow my lovely wife drove over a huge bolt that pierced the sidewall of my front left tire, when she called me with the good news, I said not to worry just drive slowly and bring the car home. I took the car to Vista Motors and within one hour I was back on the road new tire and all for NO CHARGE :whistle: You see I have East Care Tire/Wheel warranty, I could not believe it, no deductable, no prorated tire allowance, no charge period. They even re:balanced the wheel, the insurance just paid for itself.

I drove the car flat tire warning in all about 30 miles at speeds from 5MPH to 60MPH the runflat tire was fantastic, the car drove safely and smoothly. I will never complain again about rough riding tires, and I'll never buy another car without them.

jcatral14 01-22-2007 07:00 PM

Where'd you get the insurance? I picked my car up last Saturday and my CA didn't mention it. Maybe I should ask the service department?

vern 01-23-2007 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by jochet' post='381970' date='Jan 22 2007, 10:39 PM
Somehow my lovely wife drove over a huge bolt that pierced the sidewall of my front left tire, when she called me with the good news, I said not to worry just drive slowly and bring the car home. I took the car to Vista Motors and within one hour I was back on the road new tire and all for NO CHARGE :whistle: You see I have East Care Tire/Wheel warranty, I could not believe it, no deductable, no prorated tire allowance, no charge period. They even re:balanced the wheel, the insurance just paid for itself.

I drove the car flat tire warning in all about 30 miles at speeds from 5MPH to 60MPH the runflat tire was fantastic, the car drove safely and smoothly. I will never complain again about rough riding tires, and I'll never buy another car without them.

YEA!!!!!!!!!!! Another one that likes RFT's for what they are!!!!!!!!!
cheers
vern

Uk525i 01-23-2007 04:31 AM

Last time I had a puncture it took over a day for any local tyre dealer to get me a replacement. That wasn't much fun. I would never buy another car that has runflats!!

Raighne 01-23-2007 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by vern' post='382104' date='Jan 23 2007, 01:17 PM
YEA!!!!!!!!!!! Another one that likes RFT's for what they are!!!!!!!!!

No-one disputes the great concept of run-flat tyres and the convenience of being able to drive home on a puncture is fully acknowledged.

What many of find unacceptable is the totally compromised ride quality of RFTs on many road surface. Some of us do not want such a compromise on ride quality for the sake of extra security. It's not a good trade-off.

I really feel RFT should be an option for users to add if they choose (like Mercedes and others are doing for their cars).

That's all...

jochet 01-23-2007 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by jcatral14' post='381973' date='Jan 22 2007, 11:00 PM
Where'd you get the insurance? I picked my car up last Saturday and my CA didn't mention it. Maybe I should ask the service department?

From your finance person, when you were doing your paperwork, didn't they offer you things that you don't need? Well this is one of the things you should buy, I think the cost was $500.00 with no deductable for 36months of coverage. This also includes the wheels. I had a new wheel replaced under warranty on my 545i, the insurance is worth it IMO

vern 01-23-2007 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='382118' date='Jan 23 2007, 09:29 AM
No-one disputes the great concept of run-flat tyres and the convenience of being able to drive home on a puncture is fully acknowledged.

What many of find unacceptable is the totally compromised ride quality of RFTs on many road surface. Some of us do not want such a compromise on ride quality for the sake of extra security. It's not a good trade-off.

"I really feel RFT should be an option for users to add if they choose (like Mercedes and others are doing for their cars). "

That's all...

What do you do for a spare?
cheers
vern

Uk525i 01-23-2007 08:19 AM

I was offered tyre insurance & did take it up. ?250 for 2 years. I have had 2 tyres at ?200 each, so it has more than paid for itself already. Still got 6 months left. Certainly worth looking into..

KAF 01-23-2007 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by vern' post='382187' date='Jan 23 2007, 05:13 PM
What do you do for a spare?
cheers
vern

Use the skinny spare !

C's Bimmer 01-23-2007 09:08 AM

It's painted black that spare. Looks pretty sweet. ECF should have gotten 4 spares instead of dishing out the cash for his 4 RAD's. :P