E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Opinions on Alpine White as color choice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 12:55 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

I looked at White and Titanium Silver, side by side,........ I choose the Titanium Silver Metalic, but that was just my choice. Everybody looks at colors differently, what one person likes, another may not. If you like it, then get it.
Attached Thumbnails Opinions on Alpine White as color choice?-525i.jpg  
Old 01-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Look no further than this thread:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=17331

But if that's not enough, then try this one:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=17734

Still not satisfied? Then have a look:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=15220

And don't believe that white is hard to keep clean -- that's one of the biggest misconceptions about white. It's the exact opposite. A dirty white car can still look fairly clean. On the other hand, a black car will look dirty 15 minutes after it's been washed...
Old 01-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='222945' date='Jan 12 2006, 02:45 AM
And don't believe that white is hard to keep clean -- that's one of the biggest misconceptions about white. It's the exact opposite. A dirty white car can still look fairly clean. On the other hand, a black car will look dirty 15 minutes after it's been washed...

i totally agree white is completly hassel free and i realy regret gettin my car in black .. although it looks amazing after a wash but a day later it feel like its been a week since a wash
Old 01-11-2006, 01:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='222945' date='Jan 11 2006, 06:45 PM
Look no further than this thread:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=17331

But if that's not enough, then try this one:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=17734

Still not satisfied? Then have a look:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=15220

Rudy,

Do you notice more swirl marks on the alpine white? I've heard the non-metallic paint is softer than the metallics. True? But, nothing alittle carnuba can't handle.

CVT Benhogan
Old 01-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

Originally Posted by P.S.B' post='222946

i totally agree white is completly hassel free and i realy regret gettin my car in black .. although it looks amazing after a wash but a day later it feel like its been a week since a wash
[/quote]

I'll have to agree with these 2 guys! Good luck
Old 01-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan' post='222947' date='Jan 11 2006, 05:58 PM
Rudy,

Do you notice more swirl marks on the alpine white? I've heard the non-metallic paint is softer than the metallics. True? But, nothing alittle carnuba can't handle.

CVT Benhogan
I'd say that white will certiainly hide swirl marks better than a darker car but I'm not sure what to make of the whole non-metallic/metallic differences...
Old 01-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

After having black cars for close to 10 years I LOVE my White!
Easy to keep/look clean.

Be sure to get mudflaps!
(that was for Rudy )
Old 01-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PoliticalAid007' post='222829' date='Jan 11 2006, 01:08 PM
Hi to all. I have found a few 2004 CPO 530's that are pretty good deals. The best deal is an Alpine White 530. Now, I must admit, I had not considered Alpine White at all, until I saw the deal on this 2005 530i. So, I would like input as to this particular color. As of right now, I have not parted with my money. So, it is the time to ask questions.

What do you think about Alpine White as a color choice? What are the pro's and con's, opinions, likes, dislikes?

Thank you.
Hi Guy,

Please look at CPO warranty after 4yr/50K mile warranty expire.
Here are things not covered by CPO warranty as excerpted from BMWUSA website:

Upkeep Items
Maintenance; engine, transmission, and body adjustments; wheel alignment, balancing or rotation; wiper blade inserts; engine drive belts; spark plugs; filters; fuses; all batteries; all hoses and clamps (except air conditioning and power steering); oils, lubricants, fluids, refrigerants and coolants (except as required in the course of a covered repair); brake pads and rotors; brake shoes and drums; manual transmission clutch assemblies; suspension dampers (shock absorbers/strut elements); exhaust systems; tires.

Wear and Tear
All wear and tear items as defined in The Certified Pre-Owned BMW Protection Plan Consumer Information Statement (including all suspension parts and components).

Body and Interior
Paint; glass; headlamps; bulbs (except instrumentation); mirrors; lenses; body and chassis; body seals and gaskets; interior and exterior trim, moldings, and fasteners; upholstery, headliner, carpeting, floor and trunk mats; convertible top (all components except electronics); air or water leaks; wind or body noises; wheels; damage due to rust, corrosion, or contamination, except as covered by the BMW New Vehicle Rust and Corrosion Perforation Warranty.

Accessories
Radio/cassette player, telephone, navigation system, CD changer, or any components of those systems; non-original equipment parts, components or accessories.

Regards
Old 01-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

My last car was white and it always looked clean. I never washed a car as much as my e60 Mystic blue...I have to wash it every week. I love the color Mystic blue very much...but now kinda regret not getting a white one. Also, I tend to spot the white ones on the road all the time while the dark ones blend in...

I was thinking of silver gray as my next color, but now I am seriously considering the white
Old 01-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Alpine White is a great color. If ever i'm getting an m5, i would go for Alpine white..

Quick Reply: Opinions on Alpine White as color choice?