E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Opinions on Alpine White as color choice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi to all. I have found a few 2004 CPO 530's that are pretty good deals. The best deal is an Alpine White 530. Now, I must admit, I had not considered Alpine White at all, until I saw the deal on this 2005 530i. So, I would like input as to this particular color. As of right now, I have not parted with my money. So, it is the time to ask questions.

What do you think about Alpine White as a color choice? What are the pro's and con's, opinions, likes, dislikes?

Thank you.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by PoliticalAid007' post='222829' date='Jan 11 2006, 03:08 PM
Hi to all. I have found a few 2004 CPO 530's that are pretty good deals. The best deal is an Alpine White 530. Now, I must admit, I had not considered Alpine White at all, until I saw the deal on this 2005 530i. So, I would like input as to this particular color. As of right now, I have not parted with my money. So, it is the time to ask questions.

What do you think about Alpine White as a color choice? What are the pro's and con's, opinions, likes, dislikes?

Thank you.

Hi there,

It was very diffcult to select a color. I mean diffcult. One minute silv grey, jet black, mystic blue and white. I love white but it ended up as my second favorite. IMHO, the E60 looks better in lighter colors, as the lighter colors show off the contours better. Even Chris Bangle opined that the car looked better in lighter colors.

At the last moment, I passed on white and went for silver grey. The silver grey seemed slightly classier with a more pronounce reflective quality (easier to see the concave and convex body surfaces) than artic white. Bad thing is everyone has silv grey. By comparison, white and jet black are non-metallic, have pronounced shine, but offer less reflective qualities than does the lighter metallics such as silv, and silv grey. While the white is equally appealing and very sporty, silver grey is a safer choice. That said, I wouldn't be at all dissappointed with white, as it looks fab. Check out the great pictures of Rudy's 545 in the performance center photo gallery.

One last thing, white does looks great with more interior colors (i.e., beige and auburn) and there are not many E60s out there with this color. Its a standout color no doubt.

CVT Benhogan

Then again, I saw a great looking jet black sport on the expressway today.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:16 AM
Senior Members

Do a forum search on this! It's been discussed a milion times before. Alpine white.

It is one of the best colours. It is the only colour that reprezents smth. Like motorsport for bmw. Notice how bmws in motorsport are in white and most of them have some blue on them (also describing the bmw logo). F1, WTCC...u name it. It is the sportiest colour of them all imo.

So why didn't i choose it? Well 1st i thought about it's resale value. Not everyone likes it. 2nd I liked black since it gave the car the panther look, especially at night, look that is given only by black, 3rd since i opted for m pack i got a special black so a + for exclusivity, 4th it gave the car a mafia look, again only black does that. That's about all.

If i would buy a bmw now, especially an M one i would certainly buy a white one.
BTW white is way easier to clean and maintain than black. On black u have to wash ur car every 5 monutes and every scratch is revealed under sunlight. But you do get rewarded in the end...
Old 01-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Senior Members

It all depends - do you like white? I personally would never buy white car- its almost impossible to keep clean, just like black. Plus to me (no offence to drivers of white cars) they all look a bit like appliances....
I agree that E60 looks better in lighter colors, that is why I think titanium silver, or silver gray is the best color for the car. Again, my opinion only.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by TexaZ3' post='222857' date='Jan 11 2006, 03:17 PM
It all depends - do you like white? I personally would never buy white car- its almost impossible to keep clean, just like black. Plus to me (no offence to drivers of white cars) they all look a bit like appliances....
I agree that E60 looks better in lighter colors, that is why I think titanium silver, or silver gray is the best color for the car. Again, my opinion only.
Hahaha...but white is lighter than silver
No really...white gives in a way some exclusivity. U don't see too many white e60s do u? It is after all the sportiest colour at least from the fact that it carrys bmw's legacy regarding motorsport.
Have u seen an cl merc in white, or a porsche 911 996? I think it gives that sparkle to the car. Every people tend to go either silver or black. There was a time when Germans were lunatic with silver cars, and some still are.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: –

Our previous E39 was white. You don't get to see too many of them, so I'd warmly recommend choosing white
Old 01-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

White BMW's are very scarce in the UK so I would personally not advise getting one as re-sale could be bad news. Also I don't personally like the colour although I do think the E60 looks quite good. Just not my choice.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Love it. It was my second choice!
Old 01-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

Originally Posted by TexaZ3' post='222857' date='Jan 11 2006, 03:17 PM

I agree. I personally would never buy a white car either. I also agree the E60 looks better in lighter colors, especially metallic colors. I have Titanium Silver an dlove it. It gleems on a sunny day when clean and I think it really shows the car off. I get alot of compliments on it. It is all personal preference.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

I picked white go for it.

Quick Reply: Opinions on Alpine White as color choice?