E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The one and only complete E60 comparo table

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]
Thumbs up

Here is a complete list of all the E60's including diesels, M and X cars and their comparison data including every single technical data one can think of.... it says it is an BMW internal document

datas like lengts of axels, pistons, brake dieameters, etc....steering raition, gearing rations, wind resistance....roof payload
accel 80-120 Km/h 4/5 gear times, etc....

NOTE all in metrics (EU: mm, kg, liters)

If people interested I can translate later ........... ok translation in progress

english version now available. I wish they would teach me automotive english back in Uni

INTERESTING: the 530i is the only one with almost 50-50 weight/axle...
only the M5 has pure BMW fuel processor and BMW tranny, only M5 has to change tranny fluid - 2.4liters.... even the steering ration is different for the emmy only

(LOMAG - maybe you can collect some data for the main E60 information page)
Attached Files
File Type: doc
E60.doc (412.5 KB, 471 views)
Old 05-07-2006, 01:32 PM
Senior Members

I don't see it :'(
Old 05-07-2006, 01:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='279097' date='May 7 2006, 04:31 PM
Here is a complete list of E60 and their comparison data including every single technical data one can think of.... it says it is an BMW internal document

If people interested I can translate later
I am interested in knowing the weights of the various options. Does the missing document have option weights?
Old 05-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

one sec please.... the forum is having one of its days.... and won't let me upload a doc. file
Old 05-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Contributors

there you go
Old 05-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Very helpful in many ways; thanks much.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Contributors

Peter:

What does 2,26 mean for A for the 550i in the "Air Resistance" line? Square meters? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Contributors

Znod: sorry no idea.... nothing more in the original file either.... and yes, it is 2,26 square meters.... but of what and where I dunno
I think it comes from physics.... where V stands for speed.... etc.... so A stands for????
Old 05-07-2006, 02:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='279120' date='May 7 2006, 05:46 PM
Znod: sorry no idea.... nothing more in the original file either....
I think it comes from physics.... where V stands for speed.... etc.... so A stands for????
I am not sure we are looking at the same line. On the "Air Resistance" line, Cd is coefficient of drag = 29. CdXA, "air resistance," is the product of Cd and A--obviously. In this regard, I think A is measured in square meters in Europe. A is "frontal area." So, let's see, the square root of 2.26 is 1.50333. 1.50333 X 1.0936133 X 3 would convert this number of meters to feet = 4.9322. This value squared gives 24.326 which very reasonably is the true frontal area of a 550i/545i in square feet--which is pertinent to calculating the HP loss of one of these cars at various speeds under straight-line acceleration. Using this value, I will revise one of my prior calculations. Thanks very much for posting the chart; I have been searching for this value.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Contributors

Znod: I'm glad you have so much fun with those numbers

Quick Reply: The one and only complete E60 comparo table