E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Oh no I'm at the dealer..

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

i also know a few people at Park Ave BMW. Ur killing urself for going to NYC BMWs. Stay away!
Old 04-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545i 6 Speed Silver Gray w/ Black leather M5 Sport package

May I suggest doing a search on this forum for "changing your battery". There are a lot of great opinions and technical points regarding changing the battery correctly.

One of the points that really got my interest was that you really need to have the battery programmed to the car. If you don't it can cause "little/weird" issues down the road like false alarms, bad settings or even auto controls flaking out, or worse case blow your iDrive completely. The electronics and sofware iDrive sytems are very sensitive and the battery is a key part to making them work successfully.

Trust me I'm like many in this forum who are always trying to make sure I don't waste money or do useless things just to pay BMW a premium. I was recently experiencing small issues where the autodetect sensors were coming on for no reason, DLR were not working etc. and found out that I had a weak battery. A new one fixed everything.

Also, find a SMB BMW mechanic you can trust, there are a lot of great small business owners dedicated to BMW's. I got a new OEM battery installed and programmed for 187.00 at my local shop.

Good luck.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i | Nav - Sat Radio - Cold Weather Package - bluetooth -

Funny thing, I had the same battery issue...took it to the dealer told them there was errors and alarm on the screen about the signal lights, they said it will be a couple hours, I waited and they replaced the bulb I got it back and on my way home. About 15minutes into the ride, same thing happened; I called them back, they say bring it back they will look at it but its not going to be until Monday eveing b4 i get it back...Delima...Ride in a "loner-car" for the weeknd or take the chance with the E60...They gave me a loner car "HYUNDAI" Stayed my behind indoors the whole weeknd...lol
Old 04-25-2010, 05:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i | Nav - Sat Radio - Cold Weather Package - bluetooth -

Originally Posted by bmwgroup
Eric, Dude...STOP going to BMW of MANHATTAN. They are a bunch of mess. If your e60 is under warranty and needs work done, take it to Park Ave BMW in NJ. 15mins off the GW Bridge. They give everyone a loaner car regardless if you purchased your BMW from there or not unlike the NY Dealerships.

I have good acquaintance with the finance manager at Park Ave BMW and I quote, "We give everyone a loaner car regardless if they had purchased a car from our dealership or not. I mean its not like we are losing money or the service department is losing out. We get paid regardless".

And trust me its alot of fun taking their loaner car out for a spin on the turnpike and in to Manhattan for a few hours till the SA calls your cell phone and says your car is ready!

Schedule an appointment for service: http://www.parkavebmw.com/service/appointment-form.htm
Just looked at their website, they have some good deals on the E60...
Old 04-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i, Mystic Blue over Auburn, 6-Manual, Sports, Premium, Cold Weather, Logic 7, Nav, Sirius, MTec Front & Sides with M5 rear apron, VIS Penta carbon fiber vented hood, OEM M166s, (or Style 101M with winter 19 Blizzaks), BMW Blue Calipers, Custom Quad Exhaust and M5 side grills, trunk finisher and spoiler. Rogue Octane SSK/WSR and Zeckhausen CDV, BMW illuminated shift knob, Delivered 4/26/06 - Ordered 3/18/06 from Otto's (the Best) BMW Dealership.

Originally Posted by flyingpuck
Good Luck Eric....BTW, did ANYONE else check this post JUST to see Eric's avatar???
Yes- for our sake... put the full size picture in your profile so we can download it...
Old 04-26-2010, 07:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by TAJARO
Yes- for our sake... put the full size picture in your profile so we can download it...

By far, this has to be the best advice given throughout the whole thread... (no offense to others)
Old 04-26-2010, 07:07 AM
Senior Members

Original OEM BMW battery for your car is $240 with CCA discount. Any dealer (err, honest dealer) should sell you one for that much.
Battery needs to be registered to the car (about an hour labor with install), but if you install it yourself, they only charge 1/2 hour, which usually around $60-75. So you should be able to get genuine BMW battery AND have it registered to the car for proper function for around $300.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by TAJARO
Well I'm glad to see it WASN'T just me!!