E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Oh no I'm at the dealer..

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Black/BlacK

So at the recommendation of my local indy mechanic I took the car into the dealer to see if it's my battery that's bad (tested it's bad) can be replaced under warranty cause this Dealer was the one who previously replaced it. Or if my car is at fault he stated something about the e60's negative terminal .. So head to the dealer and am told I might have to leave it till Monday !!! For a battery ?! I get the SA to try and push it for today he said he'll try and it only takes so long cause they have to test the battery etc and if I wanted I coils buy a battery but it'll cost around 500 bucks?!! WTF! So here I am waiting till 4 contempleting my choices if It doesn't get done by today I can take the car back (it needs to be jumped) and try and buy a battery from autozone and hope that was th only issue or leave it tlll Monday... Guys what should I do (assuming most of you would be like fck the dealer) what battery would I need to buy ? And I'm gutted cause this ruins my plans lol
Old 04-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

F the dealer. I replaced mine at local shop. They ordered OEM from BMW, but much better price. I think it was under $300.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:50 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Save yourself anymore trouble and go get a battery somewhere else. I got mine from BatteriesPlus last june and have had no problems since (didn't even registered it). Just make sure the battery specs are the same as oem. good luck
Old 04-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Good Luck Eric....BTW, did ANYONE else check this post JUST to see Eric's avatar???
Old 04-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Senior Members

Omg lmao you shouldce seen me when the guy came in and said sir, dramatic pause ... It'll be fixed under warranty free of charge your car will be out soon ! Shit myself with disbelief but let's wait till I get actual deliwvry of the car before really being surprised with the service .. Might be the first time I'm with the dealer and got out on a reasonable time with my wallet intact!
Old 04-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i | sliver grey metallic | SMG trans | sports package | premium | cold weather | HUD | navi | PDC | sunshades | logic 7 | Ipod | MODS - (Mtech v2 angels )(8000k headlights and fogs)( Full Xenon kit) (///M shifter) (LCI u.s spec tails) (285/30/20 & 255/30/20 beyern baroque 3pc rims) 03 FX45 AWD | silver| sports package| premium package| (WIFE) (sold)06 330i | cherry red | sports package| premium | cold weather | logic 7 | Ipod | ( WIFE )

Originally Posted by flyingpuck
Good Luck Eric....BTW, did ANYONE else check this post JUST to see Eric's avatar???
+1 Eric probably needs his car for the weekend to get more girls with body like that lol
Old 04-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Yeah, I got connections like that. I just got of the phone with that guy and told him to take care of my buddy who's in the black 530 for a batt issue. He said, "I'm on it LabRat, I'll take good care of him." haha lol j/k

Glad to hear your warranty covered it.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver 550i, with all the bells and whistles!!

Originally Posted by flyingpuck
not just, but the only reason, that avatar is spectacular!
Old 04-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Senior Members

Nevermind!! Fck that dealer to hell they renegged at the last minute saying my mods caused a parastic drain and tried to charge me for it and wasted hours of my time!!! Fck BMW of manhattan they are slimy stealers I can't beleve how he promised me everything was good to go then at the last second sai oh wiat blah blah can't give you the car without you payoff cause of the parastic drain etc . Then procede to charge me 168 for diagnosing the prole
!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Senior Members

Eric, Dude...STOP going to BMW of MANHATTAN. They are a bunch of mess. If your e60 is under warranty and needs work done, take it to Park Ave BMW in NJ. 15mins off the GW Bridge. They give everyone a loaner car regardless if you purchased your BMW from there or not unlike the NY Dealerships.

I have good acquaintance with the finance manager at Park Ave BMW and I quote, "We give everyone a loaner car regardless if they had purchased a car from our dealership or not. I mean its not like we are losing money or the service department is losing out. We get paid regardless".

And trust me its alot of fun taking their loaner car out for a spin on the turnpike and in to Manhattan for a few hours till the SA calls your cell phone and says your car is ready!

Schedule an appointment for service: http://www.parkavebmw.com/service/appointment-form.htm

Quick Reply: Oh no I'm at the dealer..