E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Officially an E60 owner!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Space Gray 545i

Greetings everyone,

I'm Henry Chau and I want to officially introduce myself to the forum.
I will be finishing my senior year at UCSB, majoring in Economics and Accounting and contemplating if I want to request a 5th year to try and double major in Financial Mathematics. Kind of screwed around for a bit before deciding to take school seriously, so I'm a little older than the average college student.

Anyhoo...Just signed the papers to a 2004 Space Gray 545i, SMG, and 33k miles on the clock. Price was 21k out the door. Will be picking it up at the end of the week. Previous car was an automatic 2000 323i. The smg is such a joy to drive, and shifts smoothly as well! Let the modding begin?

I got a question about the headlights. When I turn the knob to the left, that is daytime driving lights, correct? The highbeams turn on.

When I turn it to the first notch to the right, the factory angel eyes turn on, as well as the highbeams? Then when I turn it to the second notch on the right, the headlights turn on(obviously) and both angel eyes are now on.

Kind of a funky setup to me, I plan on upgrading to the ibright angel eyes and would like them to be on all the time, and have the high beam turned off.
So, I was wondering, the light settings can be changed, right? But can this only be done at the dealership?
Old 09-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i Space Gray Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Premium Package, Navi, Automatic. HID 10000K Angel Eyes, 8000K Low Beam and Fog Lights... Next up: MTech Kit, Sound System and Backup Camera, and maybe some new shoes!!

Welcome!

does your car have iDrive? because there's an option to turn the angel eyes on and off.

regarding angel eyes... you should talk to brabusw209amg aka john .. he's the light guru of this forum, he'll hook you up with some
bright ass angel eyes, trust me, i know
Old 09-14-2010, 06:06 PM
Members

This thread makes me want to get rid of my 530 for a 545. Nice pick up
Old 09-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Senior Members

congrats on the car! lol! you sounded like me when I first gone to college haha.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Members

Welcome henry ! When you turn the switch to the left it turns the lights on automaticlly when it gets dark, not to be confused with dtrl. 2nd your hi beams should not come on , you have the high beam switch on push it back to shut it off. Anyway henry you have a great car ENJOY !!
Old 09-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Members

My Ride: Space Gray 545i

Thanks guys!

Nice, raven. Yes, I have iDrive, the angel eye settings are in there? That's freaking awesome!! Can I turn off then high beams for daytime driving in the iDrive as well?

As long as the angel eyes are super bright and visible during the day, I'm game. The led ones I had on my 3 were super bright.

Bezzle: You should, the v8 is addicting!! lol

myfive: Isn't college grand? haha

leadfoot: I'll double check again after I pick up the car. But I'm pretty sure the inner bulbs did turn on.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 bmw 530xi

congrats on the new ride and welcome to the best!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and enjoy the forums.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:24 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by hc115
Greetings everyone,

I'm Henry Chau and I want to officially introduce myself to the forum.
I will be finishing my senior year at UCSB, majoring in Economics and Accounting and contemplating if I want to request a 5th year to try and double major in Financial Mathematics. Kind of screwed around for a bit before deciding to take school seriously, so I'm a little older than the average college student.

Anyhoo...Just signed the papers to a 2004 Space Gray 545i, SMG, and 33k miles on the clock. Price was 21k out the door. Will be picking it up at the end of the week. Previous car was an automatic 2000 323i. The smg is such a joy to drive, and shifts smoothly as well! Let the modding begin?

I got a question about the headlights. When I turn the knob to the left, that is daytime driving lights, correct? The highbeams turn on.

When I turn it to the first notch to the right, the factory angel eyes turn on, as well as the highbeams? Then when I turn it to the second notch on the right, the headlights turn on(obviously) and both angel eyes are now on.

Kind of a funky setup to me, I plan on upgrading to the ibright angel eyes and would like them to be on all the time, and have the high beam turned off.
So, I was wondering, the light settings can be changed, right? But can this only be done at the dealership?
Hey Henry! Welcome and congrats! When you switch the lights to the left, it's in automatic mode. Your lights automatically turn on when it gets dark. In order to turn off the high beam (which is our daytime running light), you'll need to go to the dealer to have it shut of or anyone who has programming capabilities.

As for the angel eyes, I recommend MTEC V2.1 which is brighter than AiB V3. I also recommend the HID fogs, LED interiors, and License plate lamps to finish it off.

Originally Posted by raven108
Welcome!

does your car have iDrive? because there's an option to turn the angel eyes on and off.

regarding angel eyes... you should talk to brabusw209amg aka john .. he's the light guru of this forum, he'll hook you up with some
bright ass angel eyes, trust me, i know
Thanks raven!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

welcome..enjoy your stay

Quick Reply: Officially an E60 owner!