E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

OEM M5 Aerodynamic Kit on a Non-M5 E60

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all,

Before I buy the OEM M5 body kit from BMW, I was wondering if there is any fitment issues placing the OEM M5 front and rear bumper kit on a E60 that is not M5?

After buying from both umnitza and trinity autosport, their chinese aftermarket m5tech body kit products have failed on my E60, spending money on the shitty after market product and paint + install labor. It is way too costly and the products are made with cheap materials that damage and break easily.

Also, any suggestions what dealership in New York City has the best price? Or am I able to buy online and have it shipped to my local body shop?

Thank you.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i

i dont think that will fit lol.... or else wed all have m5 kits
Old 01-30-2011, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

M5 front bumper will need some ingenuity to sit "right" since m5 fenders are wider than non M's. You'll be fine with the rear bumper IIRC...

a quick search willg et a few threads regarding fit...
Old 01-30-2011, 03:12 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bmwgroup
Hello all,

Before I buy the OEM M5 body kit from BMW, I was wondering if there is any fitment issues placing the OEM M5 front and rear bumper kit on a E60 that is not M5?

After buying from both umnitza and trinity autosport, their chinese aftermarket m5tech body kit products have failed on my E60, spending money on the shitty after market product and paint + install labor. It is way too costly and the products are made with cheap materials that damage and break easily.

Also, any suggestions what dealership in New York City has the best price? Or am I able to buy online and have it shipped to my local body shop?

Thank you.
I had also all those kits and the OEM M-tech bodykit which now i have OEM M5 front and rear and it has been the best by far. The front OEM M5 bumper fits with M5 bumper brackets and front bumper support which you might see a noticeable side gap due to wider fender on M5 unless you get M5 fender. As for the rear OEM M5 rear is just a remove and direct fitment with no modification.
Any bodyshop will have no problem fitting the M5 bumper on your E60 just some Brake air ducting needs to be cut to fit properly thats all.

Originally Posted by eojj
i dont think that will fit lol.... or else wed all have m5 kits
It fits cause I have it on my car currently all OEM and so has some members on the fourm.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i

Originally Posted by Cwest
It fits cause I have it on my car currently all OEM and so has some members on the fourm.
if you don't mind, how much did it cost you? Did you get m5 fenders? pics pl0z
Old 01-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by eojj
if you don't mind, how much did it cost you? Did you get m5 fenders? pics pl0z
The front cost $550 unpainted then Rear i bought used for $250 and they had to cover up PDC holes, so with splitter,Diffuser and paint costed prob $2600
Old 01-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Senior Members

CWEST & GENETals, Thank you!

Are there any bmw dealerships that sell OEM Aerodynamic M5Kit online that I can have it shipped to my body shop or do I have to go to the dealership and buy then have my own transportation for shipping?
Old 01-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bmwgroup
CWEST, Thank you!

Are there any bmw dealerships that sell OEM Aerodynamic M5Kit online that I can have it shipped to my body shop or do I have to go to the dealership and buy then have my own transportation for shipping?
You would have to go thru the dealership to get the M5 body parts. Just supply the dealer you buy your M5 parts from to ship it to your body shop as long you contact the bodyshop that you'll be shipping your parts there. Try Tischer BMW and see what they can do.

-Jack
Old 01-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Senior Members

You're the best Jack!
Old 01-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

+1 for tischer (getbmwparts.com) or try Garry Romani @ Newport BMW in RI

Quick Reply: OEM M5 Aerodynamic Kit on a Non-M5 E60