E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

NYC Parking Boot

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Sorry to hear that, Mark. If you need a great wheel repair guy, let me know. He'll make that 166 look like new again for around $100. He's mobile too.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by Lomag' post='877440' date='May 13 2009, 04:31 PM
So it had to happen... my car got booted in NYC today. I checked the signs before officially leaving my car but apparently I screwed up and misread them, my bad. The second I saw the boot, I knew there was damage to my rim. After I paid the fine and by the time I got back to the car the boot was already removed, that was quick. Unfortunately my suspicions of rim damage were confirmed as several spokes of my 166 rims are now scratched up and dinged. I found a notice of claim form to file with the NYC comptroller. My question is, has anyone files a complaint like this against NYC or any major city and gotten anything? I want them to pay for a new rim & mounting and balancing which will cost the city more than the boot fee and the ticket, bastards, should get what they deserve, not to mention the legal fees they'll have due to the claim request. I figure it's worth a shot to spend some time, take a few photos and waste a stamp. Maybe something will become of it. Any comments?
Chances of you getting them to pay for new wheels is slim to none. That's the unfortunate truth, however, it doesn't hurt to try just make sure you follow up. Sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident though, as C says a good wheel guy will make it all go away.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Members

whatever u do is not gonna work...they want money and u aint taking any away from them with this and you will waste your time effort and money
Old 05-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 08 535i: Titanium Silver Metallic/Gray Dakota/Sport/Premium/Sport Auto/Paddles/iPod/Satellite Radio/Park Distance/Bamboo Anthracite

Submit it but sorry mate. You will not get any joy from it.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Lomag' post='878549' date='May 14 2009, 04:14 PM
Alright, I'm going to submit it. I've got the NYC claim for filled out, a detailed letter attached, pictures and a price quote for a new rim and mounting and balancing. I'll have it notarized tomorrow and send it out and we'll see in a few months! I'll let you guys know what the result is although I'm not too optimistic that it'll be in my favor.
That really sucks Mark. You are right to submit the claim. I assume you got some good pictures of the damage that those morons did to your 166's.

Mark, where in Manhattan did the incident occur? Let me know what the City's response is.

I always park my 550 in a garage in Manhattan (I live in Manhattan and I park it in a garage in my apartment building but I also garage it whenever I have to use it to go somewhere else in Manhattan where O have to park). I have never left it or any of my former cars on the street in Manhattan due to the many risks of doing that: theft, vandalism, getting hit by another car (especially anyother car parallel parking and ticketing/booting/towing by the City for failure to observe its byzantine, incomprehensible parking signs.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:05 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Awww I wouldn't go that far about nyc. I have a brownstone in nyc for investment purposes and I have been street parking my mercedes suv for years. Never once did I have it vandalzed or damaged in any way. Of course this is the upper east side

Anyway Mark don't listen to everyone negative on here about sending a letter won't work. Like I mentioned before, try to get someone you know who's a lawyer put it on their letterhead. Also, I'm sure someone out there there are regulations or procedures of your rights as a citizen. For example if the city must pay if there is physical damage to your vehicle. I would refer to that paragraph and quote the source and location. For example, according to the NY state regulations paragraph 1 section 3 ... I'm making it up but you get my point. Also try to get a proper mailing address where you can send the letter certified to prove they signed for it and received it. Good luck!