E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Which NYC dealers will give you a loaner

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 07:04 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called BMW of Westchester and was about schedule a service appointment until they hit me with the infamous "we can't offer you a loaner because you did not purchase your car from us". That said, which dealers in NYC will offer me a loaner even though I did not purchase there? Please exclude BMW of Manhattan, I use to go there and their service is absolutely horrible! My SA was a real piece of work, then again most BMW SA are!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 08 535xiT - Sapphire Black / Beige

I use Manhattan only because they are the closest, can't take half a day off of work to drive somewhere else. They have given me a loaner in the past however, even though I didn't buy my car there. Park Ave BMW, in NJ just over the GW gives loaners. Buddy of mine bought his car somewhere else, and they always give him a loaner.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren-Werke
I called BMW of Westchester and was about schedule a service appointment until they hit me with the infamous "we can't offer you a loaner because you did not purchase your car from us". That said, which dealers in NYC will offer me a loaner even though I did not purchase there? Please exclude BMW of Manhattan, I use to go there and their service is absolutely horrible! My SA was a real piece of work, then again most BMW SA are!
You should tip your SA the next time you visit them and then see how they treat you. It's amazing. LOL!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:35 AM
Senior Members

Bayside BMW in GreatNeck NY
Old 07-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gummysDad
I use Manhattan only because they are the closest, can't take half a day off of work to drive somewhere else. They have given me a loaner in the past however, even though I didn't buy my car there. Park Ave BMW, in NJ just over the GW gives loaners. Buddy of mine bought his car somewhere else, and they always give him a loaner.
I agree with Manhattan being the closet been as I work in the same building But their service is no substitute for the convenience :thumbsdown: Maybe I just need a new SA, she's absolutely horrible, and disregards certain things I tell her to look into. She's also ghetto as hell with no kind of professionalism to her. She once decided to tell me her life story over the phone, it was very vulgar, all I wanted was a status update on my car I think she's behaves like that, because she's sees that I am young. Her comment the first time we met was "Your car is pretty up there for such a young guy." Which I found absurd, because there are guys a lot younger than me driven late model M3 and M5. Sorry for the rant fellas, just a bit frustrated.

Oh, here's a tip for my SA, you need to find a new career path, because you suck.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:56 AM
Senior Members

Prestige BMW. Always gives me a loaner even though we got the car from another dealer. SA is knowledgeable and friendly. I hate all the city dealerships.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:02 AM
Members

My Ride: 08 535xiT - Sapphire Black / Beige

Bayerische - next time you call, ask for Freddy Chan as your SA. Good guy
Old 07-13-2011, 08:03 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren-Werke
I agree with Manhattan being the closet been as I work in the same building But their service is no substitute for the convenience :thumbsdown: Maybe I just need a new SA, she's absolutely horrible, and disregards certain things I tell her to look into. She's also ghetto as hell with no kind of professionalism to her. She once decided to tell me her life story over the phone, it was very vulgar, all I wanted was a status update on my car I think she's behaves like that, because she's sees that I am young. Her comment the first time we met was "Your car is pretty up there for such a young guy." Which I found absurd, because there are guys a lot younger than me driven late model M3 and M5. Sorry for the rant fellas, just a bit frustrated.

Oh, here's a tip for my SA, you need to find a new career path, because you suck.
Instead of avoiding the dealership because of an incompetent SA, why not ask the service manager to give you another SA? The guy suggesting tipping the SA is not kidding, btw. I give My SA a nice, crisp $100 bill at Christmas time and it pays off very handsomely in the following year. Give that a try and you'll be amazed at the difference.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i Monaco Blue 30k Sport | Ipod | Nav | Cold Weather| Ipod | HUD | L7 |

Haberstad BMW in Long Island gave me a Ford Focus even though the car was purchased there :thumbsdown: