E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Not another speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i

Originally Posted by Solidjake
With a mod like that you are looking for trouble. Same goes for having tint in states where they don't allow it, etc. Don't do those mods that will make you stand out because it is something illegal and related to safety.

Doesn't matter what I do

My car is blacked out.. In a couple weeks I'm taking off my winter wheels and putting on my summer rims. This means instead of getting pulled over every 2-3 weeks I'll be getting pulled over every a week. :@

I talked to my friend on my hockey team, he works for the police here in Toronto, he said he wanted to black out his tail lights soon and didnt even know that it was illegal. He said he still wont pull people over for a stupid ticket like that... I think it's hit and miss with cops. Some nice ones but those bad ones will F u up..

He also told me with his experience "530 is a drug dealers vehicle of choice" ... Which would explain every time I get pulled over the first question is ALWAYS
"are there any drugs in the car".. Followed by "have you been in any trouble with the police" ..

It really sucks. Im not sure if it's jealousy or they if they really catch that many drugs dealers by pulling over cars like ours..
Old 03-29-2011, 09:36 AM
Members

Originally Posted by response_surface
why in the world would you want to make your tail and brake lights less visible in the 1st place?
Why do some people mod there car the way the do?
Hmmm... I think because they like it? Just a guess tho

Regardless, my brake lights are visible. Plus we have an additional brake light in our rear window.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tex_phil
get a v1....
What is that ??
Old 03-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Jonsmilez
What is that ??
Oh radar, I had a beltronics sti driver.. cops confiscated it few months ago.. Gotta get another soon
U recommend v1?
Old 03-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

V1 is the best IMO. I had a beltronics previously, so much better, just hide the radar, and get a concealed display.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Members

My Ride: Sapphire Black 07 530i non-sport 7000k Angel Eyes 6000k HID Xenon adaptive turn Head lamps and Fogs, Clear LED Turn Signals front/back and side markers. Clear bright license plate lamp. Full interior lighting upgrade. Coding: daytime angel eyes, auto windows up, and digital speedometer. (Thanks to John at Motorcepts.com) OEM Tinted LCI Tail lights (Thanks to David at http://www.luxmotorwerks.com Oem Mtec rear bumper with diffuser and M5trunk finisher Debadged! The best paint work! (Thanks to Desimone BMW) 20x8.5 +18 20x10 +25 Concept One RS-8 Black Machined Chrome Lip V6.1 cables (Thanks to Bruce Miranda) Nitto Invo tires 285x30 R20 - 245x35 R20 Discounttire.com Vac Motorsports ecu chip upgrade, and fender roll http://vacmotorsports.com/ wish list: Rieger Front bumper Hamann side skirts Custom quad exhaust Rpi Ram air intake scoop M5 SMG shift knob KW Variant 3 suspension Brembo Big Brake kit LCI Heads Tints BMW M5

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Those types of tickets are always at the discretion of the officer, just because the dozen times you've been pulled over and you haven't gotten a ticket doesn't mean you can't get a ticket in the future.

I've been pulled over many times for not having a front license plate and never caught crap for having tinted windows. Finally, I got pulled over a couple months ago and the cop said you have tinted windows here's your fix it ticket.

If you knew you had a feeling that you were going to get a ticket for the taillights I would say you don't really have a case and you'll just end up wasting even more time.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

I had no idea tinted or painted tail lights were illegal! I just bought a set of tinted OEM LCI Tail lights off of GuberM3, I haven't installed them yet cause my car has been at the dealer body shop getting an oem mtec rear bumper put on. The last thing I want to do is attract asshole cops! So if anybody is interested in buying these off me for $400 PM me asap. They are in perfect condition.
BTW I hate cops and the whole system! I recently got tickets for speeding 9 over the 25 limit, and my white turn signals in two counties on the same day driving home from NYC. I'm going to court to piss them off of course! I drive with Canadian tags in the U.S so they expect me not to show and pay?
Old 04-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Bimmer5project
I had no idea tinted or painted tail lights were illegal! I just bought a set of tinted OEM LCI Tail lights off of GuberM3, I haven't installed them yet cause my car has been at the dealer body shop getting an oem mtec rear bumper put on. The last thing I want to do is attract asshole cops! So if anybody is interested in buying these off me for $400 PM me asap. They are in perfect condition.
BTW I hate cops and the whole system! I recently got tickets for speeding 9 over the 25 limit, and my white turn signals in two counties on the same day driving home from NYC. I'm going to court to piss them off of course! I drive with Canadian tags in the U.S so they expect me not to show and pay?

Welcome to my life :thumbsdown:
Old 04-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 6-Speed (Sport, Cold Weather, Smokers packages)

Just got back from court today actually. 97 in a 65...the judge didn't want to hear any excuses. Defensive driving class and a $355 fine Time to invest in a V1...
Old 04-07-2011, 01:32 PM
pcy
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i, '07 C280 4matic, '98 ML320

Originally Posted by ATL550i
Just got back from court today actually. 97 in a 65...the judge didn't want to hear any excuses. Defensive driving class and a $355 fine Time to invest in a V1...
I understand your frustration. Buying a radar detector is not 'investment' :-)
Another UNPOPULAR solution, you can just slow down... enjoy the ride.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ATL550i
sucks

Quick Reply: Not another speeding ticket