E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Northern VA Body Shop Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 07:13 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 E61 535xiT Black on Black

Norther VA folks - I'm looking for a body shop to paint and install my M-Aero kit. Good quality work and excellent service are paramount. Value is important, but I realize that you get what you pay for and I'm willing to pay for a great result.

I'm primarily looking in the Reston, Chantilly, Ashburn, Leesburg, Dulles, Sterling areas. Anything from Fairfax in closer to DC is no good for me.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 Titanium Gray 545 Sport Package

Originally Posted by BW535xiT
Norther VA folks - I'm looking for a body shop to paint and install my M-Aero kit. Good quality work and excellent service are paramount. Value is important, but I realize that you get what you pay for and I'm willing to pay for a great result.

I'm primarily looking in the Reston, Chantilly, Ashburn, Leesburg, Dulles, Sterling areas. Anything from Fairfax in closer to DC is no good for me.
There is a place in Manassas Mr. Spoiler that had some of the cars he did body work on in magazines. I believe he does pretty good work, P Tuned in Manassas also might do body work. I am not 100% sure they do body work but I know they do wheels and performance.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:06 AM
Members

My Ride: 08 335i

Royal Auto Body Shop in Sterling VA is a good place. The Sterling BMW/Mini takes its cars there when they need bodywork done. My 530 is being repaired there right now.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 E61 535xiT Black on Black

Thanks for the replies guys. Manassas is a little far, but Royal in Sterling sounds spot on. If the dealer in Sterling uses them, at least I know they are intimately familiar with BMWs.

Much appreciated!!
Old 06-26-2010, 09:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Thanks for the replies guys. Manassas is a little far, but Royal in Sterling sounds spot on. If the dealer in Sterling uses them, at least I know they are intimately familiar with BMWs.

Much appreciated!!
If thats the case ,why don't you just look for a Certified BMW Body Shop in the areas your talking about? Good luck
cheers
vern
Old 06-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

I did my sideskirts and D&V auto body in sterling and was happy
Old 06-28-2010, 05:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i, Adaptive Xenons, 19" 166's

Let me know where you end up getting it done at? I've got a few pieces for my E60 and E39 that I want to get painted too.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

Originally Posted by jkiech
Royal Auto Body Shop in Sterling VA is a good place. The Sterling BMW/Mini takes its cars there when they need bodywork done. My 530 is being repaired there right now.
I believe BMW of Sterling uses Chantilly Auto Body. That's what they told me last month.

BMW of FFX has a body shop and I have used them a couple of times with good results.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:08 AM
Members

I know you said Manassas is kinda far but this one is just a little further down the road from Chantilly:

Brownings Auto Body
8421 Maplewood Drive, Manassas, VA

Took my 5 there after an accident based on my insurance company's recommendation (they weren't paying, someone else's was). They were professional and did tremendous work!!!
Just my $.02
Jim
Old 06-29-2010, 11:05 AM
Members

I went to D&V autobody before and they did a great job.

Quick Reply: Northern VA Body Shop Recommendations?