E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

non-smoking package

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 12:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d M-sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Auburn Leather - Mem Seat - Cup Holders - Nav Pro - Light Pack - Dim/folding mirrors - Adv Airco - PDC - Aux/in - Non-smoke pack - De-badged - Delivery Mar 31, 2006

For those who wonder what you get with the non-smoking package, I post some pics here to illustrate since this was one of these items where the BMW dealer had little to no info about, other than the plastic cabs instead of the lighter, but there are more differences

Noticed:
- more storage space in the back side doors
- elec socket with plastic cap next to look-alike astray in front with impressive non-smoking sign
- 2 elec sockets in the mid console at the back with plastic cap - continued fun for the kids

Part of standard outfit these days : aux connection at the back - so ipod wiring instructions found on the forum sofar do not cover the newly build models
Attached Thumbnails non-smoking package-niet_roker_zijdeur.jpg   non-smoking package-niet_roker_vuilbak_vooraan.jpg   non-smoking package-niet_roker_plastiek_deksel.jpg   non-smoking package-niet_roker_vuilbak_apart.jpg   non-smoking package-niet_roker_mid_console_achter.jpg  

Old 04-08-2006, 12:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

I have a non-smoking package but I don't have the 2 outlets at the back. It was blank and covered by poplar wood finish (my interior is with poplar wood).
Old 04-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 520d M-sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Auburn Leather - Mem Seat - Cup Holders - Nav Pro - Light Pack - Dim/folding mirrors - Adv Airco - PDC - Aux/in - Non-smoke pack - De-badged - Delivery Mar 31, 2006

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='266299' date='Apr 8 2006, 10:55 AM
I have a non-smoking package but I don't have the 2 outlets at the back. It was blank and covered by poplar wood finish (my interior is with poplar wood).
The elec sockets in the back are part of the 03/2006 production
Old 04-08-2006, 12:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

I see. All along I thought only the smokeing package comes with the 2 at the back because I have seen others with them.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:27 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

So there is no trim on the back console at cars after 03/2006 production?
Old 04-08-2006, 02:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by 530i_msport' post='266318' date='Apr 8 2006, 05:27 AM
So there is no trim on the back console at cars after 03/2006 production?
well there never was one.... my is 04 prod and no trim there either.....
I have the smokers package and yet I have no lighters in the back..... only tons of ashtrays and one cig lighter in the front
I guess it is a EU thing.... here you have to specify every single thing and knob
so it seems like there is also a difference in EU vs US smokers/non-smokers package

__________________________________________________ _
(NOTE: I don't smoke and I totaly disrespect smokers)
Old 04-08-2006, 02:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

no there is a trim
check ''the_dr's''car
i guess it is after march production because he has aux port

non-smoking package-med_gallery_4513_719_426093.jpg

Old 04-08-2006, 02:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

nope, no trim on mine
it depends on the trim selection I guess.... seems like any wood has the trim on the rear console..... any aluminium does not
Old 04-08-2006, 05:21 AM
Senior Members

oh yeah
that might be the answer
makes sense
Old 04-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by Tommy' post='266300' date='Apr 8 2006, 10:56 AM
The elec sockets in the back are part of the 03/2006 production
Great, does that mean we can retrofit as well ???

Quick Reply: non-smoking package