E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

non-logic7 to Logic7 upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 03:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way, I added an additional Mohawk AMP + 2 x12 inch free hanging woofer in the trunk. Change all the interior speakers to Infinity ones. added tweeters as well.

Now it sounds nice with lotsa of bass.

I will show some pics here.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:17 AM
Members

Here goes:

My 2x 12 inch subs driven by the amp in the background.

My tweeters instead of empty holes

And I retrofit CCC... I wonder why the bass becomes tighter after the change...

And since i am into it, the steering wheel with paddles retrofitted.

Its a cheaper and non-complex route that I took for all these. However i am trying to find a way to retrofit an amp for the interior speakers. They are still driven by the HU internal amp and its rather weak...
Old 08-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i titanium grey 6 speed manual with light grey interior. Nav, L7, cold weather, sport, sat. Modifications: suede headliner, pianno black interior trim, Ipod dock, Mtech front bumper, Angel Eyes, and flat black kidney grills.

Do you have any more pics of your subwoofers in the rear shelf? Are they sealed to the rear shelf or just mounted real close? Also did you make any kind of vent or grill in the rear shelf? I am almost done with mine and was curious what you did on yours.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Contributors

Location: SoCal- SFV (Land of pimps, drug dealers, money, hot cars and hot wimmenz...this ain't no movie bitch, mess with us and we'll cut ya!)

Originally Posted by thedreamshop' post='963912' date='Aug 3 2009, 09:53 AM
Do you have any more pics of your subwoofers in the rear shelf? Are they sealed to the rear shelf or just mounted real close? Also did you make any kind of vent or grill in the rear shelf? I am almost done with mine and was curious what you did on yours.
Mike at Method Sound did four 8s across the top and made a custom vent/grill across the rear shelf...looks clean! He made his out of billet if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure he could fab something for you too.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Members

Originally Posted by vegadonovan' post='963695' date='Aug 3 2009, 07:17 AM
My tweeters instead of empty holes

This part is interesting. Is it possible to get just the grills off or do you have to take the whole door panel off? Or is it enough to take just the black plastic cover?
Were there any wirings for the tweeters ready?

sorry for the interrogation
Old 08-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 55 525D Sport Full Black Leather Visibility Pack Media Pack

i want to install tweeters on my also

also want the 'earthquake' subs under the seat,
is it as easy to just swap out the current speakers with these new ones and swap out the current amp with a L7 one?

thanks
Old 08-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Members

The tweets need to have the door card removed. To remove the door card is easy. The clips that hold them onto the door frame doesn't break that easily. I had mine opened a few times and all are intact.

The rear woofers are just mounted real close. If you look close enough, its just the screws holding them there. Also the rear parcel shelf has no cuts to let the bass in. I have experienced rattling of the parcel shelf before changing out the non-NAV audio. Now its tight and nice.

I will be back on thursday. I will take more pictures if anyone wants to see more of any part of anything.

The tweets add that bit of clarity into the cabin. The default 4 inches has been changed out to handle better when I turn up the volume. This system doesn't exactly thump the heart with bass which was what I wanted to experience like my previous cars. However I understand its a PITA to do any serious audiophile standards based audio in this vehicle without breaking the wallet or anything else. So I am contented with the current setup. I am looking at more mid bass if possible and that's the reason why I am looking at the underseat woofer.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Members

Thanks for the info, vegadonovan
Old 08-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Members

no worries mate. so long as it's helpful.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:29 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I have an entire set of Logic 7 speakers for sale (minus the tweeters). Anyone interested?

Quick Reply: non-logic7 to Logic7 upgrade