E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Non L7 System

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 02:03 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non L7 System

OK I know I can put seperate amp with sub to get bass to my setup. That is the easy part.

What can i do to get more volume on the other speakers?

I asked this question before, but I received answer based on l7 setup, so im not sure if its different cause I do not have the L7 setup.

also do I only have front door speakers? I can't seem to find them anywhere else?

Im not looking for the million dollar solution but if I have to pay more money to get it done then so be it.

not trying to bump down the street like Im still in highschool. Just want a little more then what I already have.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:46 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2003 540iA M Sport

I have the same system (HiFi) as you in my 545i and I'm in the process of upgrading mine. The BMW HiFi sound system powers the front and rear components directly from the head unit and the mid bass subs under the front seats are powered by a small amp that is on the left side of the trunk behind the panels.

You have some options to get better sound out of your system, depending on your budget.
You can install a multi-channel amp to run everything and give it cleaner power and higher volume. A lot of people have reported great improvement in the OEM speakers with better amplification. Get Technic's harness to simplify the installation. It makes it a true plug n play installation with the BMW wiring.
Read this for more info on his harness.
https://5series.net/forums/private-m...ss-set-116138/

You could also simply install a JBL MS-8 sound processor/amp to power everything giving you the ability to add sound processing capabilities and a center channel speaker up front. The MS-8 will provide more power than the OEM head unit/amp and the improvement is supposedly pretty dramatic. Utilize the Technic harness to simplify this installation.

Read this for more info on that option.
https://5series.net/forums/e60-parts...nstall-124141/

Your last option, and this is the most expensive, is to do both and add an amp and the MS-8 and even replace the speakers as well.

No matter which way you go, you'll probably want a professional shop to do the install for you unless you know what you're doing. In the end you'll end up with a much better sounding system than what you have now.

Read my thread for more info on what I'm doing.
https://5series.net/forums/e60-discu...-audio-133705/