E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noises coming from doors after window tint job.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope someone has had this problem and solved it, because it is driving me crazy!!

I just had my 2004 530i tinted 15% black, they did a perfect job, no bubbles or anything, looks beautiful from the outside. Now with that being said, each one of my door now makes a noise.... like something tapping against something else from the inside, kind of an annoying clicking/tapping noise. I went back and told them that they are making noises now, but they said nothing can be done since they had to remove the rubber that pads the window from the inside to apply the tint. I have no idea how they moved the rubber.

How do I get this of this issue? is there a way to open the door and see whats loose? I tried removing the two screws but nothing was loose or could be able to be removed. I am a noob, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I love how my car looks from the outside, but now I hate the sounds from the inside when the windows are closed and/or music is off. I really need to get rid of this sound lol. Another weird thing is that as long as I open the window slightly, even when there is no possibility that air or sound from the outside will affect my hearing, the clicking/tapping goes away from each respective door that a window is not fully closed????????

On a side note, I also went and asked the dealership how I could have my angel eyes on all the time, they told me its not possible for my model.... even though I argued that I know I've seen people do it. I mean I could remove the daylight running lights and just use parking light mode, but that seems stupid and annoying since my car would just tell me the lights are out every time I start it.. Any other way? I really want to replace them with white MTEC's but this issue is stopping me.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i Sport Pak

Originally Posted by syousif
I hope someone has had this problem and solved it, because it is driving me crazy!!

I just had my 2004 530i tinted 15% black, they did a perfect job, no bubbles or anything, looks beautiful from the outside. Now with that being said, each one of my door now makes a noise.... like something tapping against something else from the inside, kind of an annoying clicking/tapping noise. I went back and told them that they are making noises now, but they said nothing can be done since they had to remove the rubber that pads the window from the inside to apply the tint. I have no idea how they moved the rubber.
the '04's have a notice related to this type of noise. it can be solved by applying some lubricant to your seals so I'm told. which type, don't know. the type of noise I'm familiar with is a creaking sound, like old wooden floor or something. I think the actual repair when the car was in warranty was to replace the seals