E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

noise rattle from back

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 05:00 AM
dbm
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, someone resolve the rattle that comes from rear? Seems coming from right, maybe from rear shelf, seats or the panel cover between seats and battery in the trunk? Someone know how remove seats then the shelf?
Old 01-12-2009, 06:00 AM
Members

Originally Posted by dbm' post='765732' date='Jan 12 2009, 07:00 AM
Hello, someone resolve the rattle that comes from rear? Seems coming from right, maybe from rear shelf, seats or the panel cover between seats and battery in the trunk? Someone know how remove seats then the shelf?

I had a rattle and it was coming from the center arm rest from the cup holders. I took it to the dealer and they determined it was some loose plastic.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Members

Have you a rear shelf sun blind? If so it may come from there. Thats what I had on a 3 month old car. The blind assembly was replaced by the dealer.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:06 PM
dbm
Members

Originally Posted by mikeohope' post='766088' date='Jan 12 2009, 11:51 PM
Have you a rear shelf sun blind? If so it may come from there. Thats what I had on a 3 month old car. The blind assembly was replaced by the dealer.
No.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

I had my car in 3 times for a rattle coming from the rear. They replaced the parcel shelf the first time, replaced the parcel shelf the second time (because they damaged it the 1st time around), and finally fixed the 3rd brake light since it rattled loose from the mounting brackets.

Now my car is rattle free....for now at least.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:31 AM
dbm
Members

The noise is come after i changed oem coilovers with bilstein b8. I listen only in rough roads and not ever, no noise on speed bumps or holes. I'm thinking about the covering of the luggage that isn't fit properly. Someone have issue with cover and know how remove it because want try to make some road without it.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

Originally Posted by dbm' post='768713' date='Jan 15 2009, 01:31 PM
The noise is come after i changed oem coilovers with bilstein b8. I listen only in rough roads and not ever, no noise on speed bumps or holes. I'm thinking about the covering of the luggage that isn't fit properly. Someone have issue with cover and know how remove it because want try to make some road without it.
I have the same issue after I had my H&R sports and bisltein shocks installed I've been getting this rattle in the rear same as you described. have you found a solution yet?
Old 01-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

known problem and complaint....year of your car with options would help...some rattles were actually resolved/handled via SIB's....have you tried searching the forum...

I had a rattle in my 2008 e60 within 2 weeks of getting it. Did some searching on this forum and found out it was my rear parcel shelf. Seems the plastic tabs that connect it to the rear window base/defroster needed some padding (they used velcro) to soften the vibration/noise which caused the rattle. Some members fixing their rattle by putting some felt material behind their rear seat..again..a quick search will get you some great info..GL

gene
Old 01-16-2009, 10:24 AM
dbm
Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='768908' date='Jan 16 2009, 12:00 AM
known problem and complaint....year of your car with options would help...some rattles were actually resolved/handled via SIB's....have you tried searching the forum...

I had a rattle in my 2008 e60 within 2 weeks of getting it. Did some searching on this forum and found out it was my rear parcel shelf. Seems the plastic tabs that connect it to the rear window base/defroster needed some padding (they used velcro) to soften the vibration/noise which caused the rattle. Some members fixing their rattle by putting some felt material behind their rear seat..again..a quick search will get you some great info..GL

gene
MY2006 and nothing is on the SIB's. The strange is that i got this noise after changed coilovers.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Senior Members

my whole car rattles 24/7 .... due to my big ass subwoofers

Quick Reply: noise rattle from back