E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

noise from front right

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 02:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Bmw e60 530i _-_ professional navigation- mystic blue exterior- beige interior-logic7-18 inch rims-active steering-bluetooth-adaptive xenon lights-sunroof-sport steering wheel-comfort seats-tv-pdc

When I turn right and accelerate the steering feels like the tire is rubbing on something I think the fender, the steering shakes, its only when I accelerate and turn all the way to the left, and when I'm driving slowly and turn right there is a sound coming from the right like a bell but the noise is not loud but its noticable, even when I go on bumps turning left or right there is noise from under the car from front only when turning, but I go straight on the bump there is no noise, I had my suspension checked and all was ok, what could be the cause of this I would say something loose, any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:32 AM
Contributors

Does the car pull to one side?

Could be worn wheel bearing did they check it for play?
Old 11-20-2011, 02:36 AM
Members

My Ride: Bmw e60 530i _-_ professional navigation- mystic blue exterior- beige interior-logic7-18 inch rims-active steering-bluetooth-adaptive xenon lights-sunroof-sport steering wheel-comfort seats-tv-pdc

Originally Posted by jay77
Does the car pull to one side?

Could be worn wheel bearing did they check it for play?
I had them checked today all where ok.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bmwbimmer
When I turn right and accelerate the steering feels like the tire is rubbing on something I think the fender, the steering shakes, its only when I accelerate and turn all the way to the left, and when I'm driving slowly and turn right there is a sound coming from the right like a bell but the noise is not loud but its noticable, even when I go on bumps turning left or right there is noise from under the car from front only when turning, but I go straight on the bump there is no noise, I had my suspension checked and all was ok, what could be the cause of this I would say something loose, any help would be appreciated.
Sounds like control arm bushings .. who checked your suspension? Dealer or indy?? Bad control arms are easy to determine if they have totally crapped out but if they are on the way out it's a little tougher. ON my 740i Sport the center link was another place where unusual clicking noises would appear when turning right or left (can't remember which) and traveling over small bumps - like turning into a driveway with a small bump where it meets the road. I'm not sure e60's have this set up in the front suspension / steering setup.

Last thing to check . .. .. have you recently run over someone working for the Salvation Army?? That bell you heard might be LOL
Old 11-20-2011, 06:18 AM
Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Sounds like control arm bushings .. who checked your suspension? Dealer or indy?? Bad control arms are easy to determine if they have totally crapped out but if they are on the way out it's a little tougher. ON my 740i Sport the center link was another place where unusual clicking noises would appear when turning right or left (can't remember which) and traveling over small bumps - like turning into a driveway with a small bump where it meets the road. I'm not sure e60's have this set up in the front suspension / steering setup.

Last thing to check . .. .. have you recently run over someone working for the Salvation Army?? That bell you heard might be LOL
I had my front two lower arms replaced recently and my suspension checked by the dealer, all is ok, I noticed something that my car seems a bit lower from the front right, its lower than the left wheel but slightly.

I think I actually did haha
Old 11-22-2011, 01:32 AM
Members

Does anybody have any idea ?