E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

No more Logic 7 with LCI?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While reading through the press release info on the March facelift, I noticed the info on the new "Individual" sound system option.
But I did not see any mention of the Harmon Kardon name..or Logic 7. Did I just miss something or can you only upgrade to the proprietary "Individual" system now in the US?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Vinman' post='390643' date='Feb 12 2007, 02:28 PM
While reading through the press release info on the March facelift, I noticed the info on the new "Individual" sound system option.
But I did not see any mention of the Harmon Kardon name..or Logic 7. Did I just miss something or can you only upgrade to the proprietary "Individual" system now in the US?
I ordered mine in February with option 677 "premium hi-fi system", which my dealer said was the Logic 7. In the recent past, and on the E60s, 677 is called premium hi-fi and it has been the L7. My guess is that it will stay the same from the '07 to the LCI, and probably for the same price.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:36 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Atleast in Europe there are both of them:

677 Hi-Fi system Professional LOGIC7 13.500 kr ? $1880
7-channel equalizer
13 Active speakers

752 Individual High End Audiosystem 21.900 kr ? $3050
9-channel equalizer
16 Active speakers
825W

Most certainly not as expensive in the US, just to show the price gap between the two systems.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ipp' post='390649' date='Feb 12 2007, 08:36 PM
Atleast in Europe there are both of them:

677 Hi-Fi system Professional LOGIC7 13.500 kr ? $1880
7-channel equalizer
13 Active speakers

752 Individual High End Audiosystem 21.900 kr ? $3050
9-channel equalizer
16 Active speakers
825W

Most certainly not as expensive in the US, just to show the price gap between the two systems.
i ordered the new individual system. Its supose to be state of the art. Cant wait
Logic was still availeble.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Senior Members

bad translation from german but you get the idea
BMW individually High end to audio system: The best for the ears. With the new BMW individually High end to audio system sets BMW M of yardsticks in the klangwiedergabe. At all places the passengers of a BMW M5 Touring equipped with this system enjoy a singular sound experience. The digital 9-Kanal-Verstaerker with digitally signal processing (DSP) produces a maximum power output of 825 Watts. Heart of the system developed by BMW M is DIRAC signal processing (dual input Room Acoustics Calculator). Within the automobile range only the mark BMW with DIRAC works. Without changing the pitch, this time in such a way specified Stretching technology minimizes the time-delayed schallreflexionen in the vehicle, which overlay the original sound. In order to compute the appropriate corrections, the vehicle is acoustically measured. The passengers experience this effect in form of a klangwiedergabe from ungekannter impulse loyalty and guarantee time-correct rendition. The innovative technology of the speed-dependent audio gain control (GAL) and the likewise speed-dependent Equalizing (GAE) is supplemented. These functions make a dynamic reconciliation possible of the driving noises, as the wind noise in the frequency ranges concerned is continuously compensated. Also the volume in front and tail becomes automatically balanced. The 16 High end loudspeakers were optimized particularly for the BMW M5 Touring. They possess strong hochkoerzitive neodymium magnet drives and light, extremely rigid (hexagonal) Hexacone diaphragm. Their maximum sound pressure amounts to 112 dbA, the frequenzumfang covers 18 cycles per second to 24 kHz. Implemented as central/high clay/tone combination its identical diaphragm technology ensures a high and a central clay/tone rendition of the extra class. The Tieftoener is not conventionally in the rear of the vehicle accommodated, but in the vehicle floor. This BMW central bass concept distributes the low-frequent sound evenly in the interior. It is superior to all other placements thereby. The source of the bass rendition of the passengers cannot be located, which makes the sound benefit still more pleasant. Altogether the arrangement of the loudspeakers gives the passenger a proper concert hall experience. When desired an Surround effect can be obtained beyond that by simply switching. The BMW is served individually of High ends to audio system over the iDrive CONTROLLERS and a clear menu guidance in the control display.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Speed Dependent Volume..... I hope they finally make it so you can disable this useless, and sound degrading feature. :thumbsdown:
Old 02-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='390718' date='Feb 12 2007, 04:02 PM
Speed Dependent Volume..... I hope they finally make it so you can disable this useless, and sound degrading feature. :thumbsdown:
huh? just go to the sound menu, you can turn it off.

btw, does it really degrade sound quality?
Old 02-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by jet190rs' post='390722' date='Feb 12 2007, 04:07 PM
huh? just go to the sound menu, you can turn it off.

btw, does it really degrade sound quality?

You can't turn it off currently. You can only turn it "down" to a minimum setting.

And yes.... by definition it degrades sound. Music should be listened to uninterrupted, without outisde intervention such as having the volume altered randomly. You start the recording, set the volume, and listen....
Old 02-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='390726' date='Feb 12 2007, 10:16 PM
You can't turn it off currently. You can only turn it "down" to a minimum setting.

And yes.... by definition it degrades sound. Music should be listened to uninterrupted, without outisde intervention such as having the volume altered randomly. You start the recording, set the volume, and listen....
i have it a minimal settings but i dont hear the volume change. I gues i am more deaf then i thought
Old 02-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pmmeke' post='390773' date='Feb 13 2007, 12:51 AM
i have it a minimal settings but i dont hear the volume change. I gues i am more deaf then i thought
if i recal correcly the previous logic7 was 96db pressure. This new system is 112db? That a lot louder if that is the case. Bass must be realy powerfull. Very curious about that. Eq has 2 extra settings to play with and speakers are upgraded to very good qualety and amps power is raised. It should all result in beter dynamics and less distorsion at mid levels.

Also cables are thicker and beter components in the dsp and better filter in the speakers.
Also if i can read right there must be some sort of time delay function controled by a microphone te messure the sound so that is automaticly sets the time delay so music comes from the windscreen in front of you in stead of the left right speakers; like the alpine 701 dsp processor deliver. But not sure about that last one.

Cant wait to hear it.

Quick Reply: No more Logic 7 with LCI?