E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

No car lock "beep" with upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Rob
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently had my car upgraded to CIP 24.01 to fix a host of issues. When I noticed the "eyebrows" no longer worked, they changed the car to CIP 24. That fixed the eyebrow issue, but left me with this one:

When I lock the car, I no longer get a "beep." I still have the beep when I unlock, just not when I lock. (this issue was also present in 24.01)

The dealer has no idea about this one and told me to call them in a month or so to see if there is a fix.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Any idea if this is fixed in a later rev of the software?

I have left my car unlocked a couple times because occassionally the lock button doesn't actually work. Without the beep I'm never sure if I've really locked the car or not.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2007, 10:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I assume you checked the iDrive already to make sure the acoustic tone is checked... for when you lock the car... even if it is checked now... try unchecking go for a drive... lock and unlock your car a few times then re-checking the box... see if that fixes your problem.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:46 AM
Senior Members

Oh, I never got a beep from either locking or unlocking <_<

I do get light confirmation, but no beeps. Could it be because it is a UK car

Any UK members could please confirm if you get a acoustic confirmation after locking your car?

Thanks
Old 01-23-2007, 02:12 AM
MAK
Members

As above ...go into i-Drive menu select... "Vehicle settings"... then "Door locks"... then "Confirmation" and tick the boxes you want. See what happens!
My UK manual shows the acoustic settings and visual settings as options.
I have selected the visual but will try tonight and see if i can opt for the "beep" as I can't remember ever trying this setting.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:24 AM
Members

No Beep from my car either.

only have an option for visual confirmation
Old 01-23-2007, 03:03 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by papereyes' post='382078' date='Jan 23 2007, 06:24 AM
No Beep from my car either.

only have an option for visual confirmation
Ditto

I don't have any options for acoustic confirmation
Old 01-23-2007, 06:32 AM
Rob
Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='382022' date='Jan 22 2007, 11:07 PM
I assume you checked the iDrive already to make sure the acoustic tone is checked... for when you lock the car... even if it is checked now... try unchecking go for a drive... lock and unlock your car a few times then re-checking the box... see if that fixes your problem.
Good suggestion, but I already tried it. I even turned the beep off in IDrive, waited over night so the car went to sleep, reset it in the morning, and still no beep.

If no one else is seeing this after CIP24, then perhaps something else is messed up with my car...
Old 01-23-2007, 08:29 AM
Contributors

Hi, Rob

I just dropped off my car for the eye brow issue to be fixed today, and other services, so i'll check on that when i pick up the car and keep you posted.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

No beeps here either, lucklily

Just blinks from the turn signal lights.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 e60 Titanium grey Auburn premium Sport 6-speed Logic-7 folding rear seats with ski bag Bi-xenon Cold weather package

Do you guys with no beeps have alarms? I don't know if this matters or not, but it might.

Quick Reply: No car lock "beep" with upgrade