E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone, this is my first post or whatever you call it on here. I have a 2004 525i m54 with basic bolt ons, a custom exhaust..small things like that. I'm wanting to run a 100 shot of nitrous but dont know too much about it. i know that i'm going to have to replace the intake manifold and things but what about internals, etc.? The car also has 140k miles on it..we bought it brand new and it's mainly highway miles and i always do maintanence on it but still though. So with that being said, would i have to replace internals as well? Thanks a lot for your help/advice!
Old 07-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

contact trinity autosport...i believe he had nitrous on his 545 i think...
Old 07-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Contact Joe (trinityautosport) from Trinity Autosport, he had nitruous on his old 545 and he could probably help point you in the right direction.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by db5042
Hey everyone, this is my first post or whatever you call it on here. I have a 2004 525i m54 with basic bolt ons, a custom exhaust..small things like that. I'm wanting to run a 100 shot of nitrous but dont know too much about it. i know that i'm going to have to replace the intake manifold and things but what about internals, etc.? The car also has 140k miles on it..we bought it brand new and it's mainly highway miles and i always do maintanence on it but still though. So with that being said, would i have to replace internals as well? Thanks a lot for your help/advice!
Really? So I guess your interested in blowing up your engine?
Old 07-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BillMcC
Really? So I guess your interested in blowing up your engine?
i'm sure the op is fully aware of the risks involved with NOS.

Contact Trinity, Joe had a 100 shot of NOS. He ran against modded m5s, c63 amgs, etc and did very well against them. just be careful not to squeeze for extended periods of time. you will need to replace your spark plugs often as well.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 07' 550I Black

Originally Posted by dbae1978
i'm sure the op is fully aware of the risks involved with NOS.

Contact Trinity, Joe had a 100 shot of NOS. He ran against modded m5s, c63 amgs, etc and did very well against them. just be careful not to squeeze for extended periods of time. you will need to replace your spark plugs often as well.

I'm looking to do the same with my 07' 550i. Will you forward me Joe's contact info? I'd love to know what he has to say....
P.S. Don't pay too much attn to dbae... I have a friend that has been a master mech at BMW for 12 years and he says so long as I put timed release of spray to prevent under 3k rpms then I'm golden at a 100 shot!
Thanks so much...
Old 07-14-2010, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by rockytop2
I'm looking to do the same with my 07' 550i. Will you forward me Joe's contact info? I'd love to know what he has to say....
P.S. Don't pay too much attn to dbae... I have a friend that has been a master mech at BMW for 12 years and he says so long as I put timed release of spray to prevent under 3k rpms then I'm golden at a 100 shot!
Thanks so much...
joe = member "Trinity Autosport"
Old 07-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i/6

Ive been debating a 100 shot on my 545i as of late actually. Ive got a fair amount of experience with nitrous on other cars. I have not used it on any of my bmw's, but the same rules apply. IMO a 100 shot is to much on a 525i. Could it take it? Yes, but not for long. Id run a 75 shot max to be safe. You wouldnt have to mess with the internals at this power level. V8 cars can typically handle 100-150 shot. Colder plugs and the appropriate safety hardware is a must.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Members

i actually gave joe a call yesterday and talked to him for a while on the phone and oddly enough i bought his old NOS kit off of his e60 and he told me the ins and outs and its safe for a 100 on mine if you up the fuel to nitrous ratio. and to dbae or whoever..no im not interested in blowing up my engine hence to why i made a post on an e60 forum. I, along with these other fine gentleman im sure also realize we have nice cars that we love..so you sir, make no sense. but thanks a ton to everyone for the advice and to the guy with the 7 series..do it man and give joe a call hes really a smart dude and knows a lot about what he's doing. thanks again everyone.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by db5042
i actually gave joe a call yesterday and talked to him for a while on the phone and oddly enough i bought his old NOS kit off of his e60 and he told me the ins and outs and its safe for a 100 on mine if you up the fuel to nitrous ratio. and to dbae or whoever..no im not interested in blowing up my engine hence to why i made a post on an e60 forum. I, along with these other fine gentleman im sure also realize we have nice cars that we love..so you sir, make no sense. but thanks a ton to everyone for the advice and to the guy with the 7 series..do it man and give joe a call hes really a smart dude and knows a lot about what he's doing. thanks again everyone.
Joe is a great guy and yes, he does know what he's talking about - Trinity FTMFW!!!!

Quick Reply: Nitrous