5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   News on software update (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/news-software-update-1553/)

Iceman 07-02-2004 06:22 AM

Hi NE1,

Sorry I have some "not so good" news (not to say "bad" news) :(

It looks like BMW has released/will release soon the software version 12.
I was told by BMW itself, that the next software update will make it possible to play MP3's and to play movie-DVD's.
This software was supposed to be ready in September and was supposed to get released beginning of October.
Unfortunately it seems there were too many issues needed to get fixed, so BMW is releasing software updates before the one we are all waiting for.
That means, it does not look like version 12 has the MP3 fix.
BUT (and these are the good news):
BMW IS working on it, and somewhen in October we WILL get the software we are waiting for. We just can't tell what version number it will be. We'll have to wait.
Please do not think that now there is version 12, so now you can play MP3's.
It comes in October... Not in version 12... :angry:

Rudy 07-02-2004 07:18 AM

Thanks for the update Iceman.

I'm seeing more of a buzz about people getting v12 now and unlike the past buzz, I think the information may be credible and accurate.

Once it's been truly confirmed that v12 is out there, I'm going to let my dealer use some other cars as guinea pigs for a few weeks before I get my car in there.

mrbelk 07-02-2004 07:33 AM

I reckon I'll get the CIP 12 upgrade when my car goes in for service on the 13th to get the TCU coded for the v60 and to fix my steering wheel that won't retract.

-MrB

Lomag 07-02-2004 07:39 AM

I think i'm going to wait until we hear some news about Bluetooth. The last I heard is that Bluetooth is available with Prof. Nav now in Europe? That wasn't possible before so some progress is being made I imagine.

Fixing voice activation & bluetooth are the two last things to make my car complete!

Rudy 07-02-2004 08:22 AM

Do they have BMW Assist in Europe? I thought the problem with US BT was due to some conflict with the built-in cell phone used by Assist.

Then again, I could be totally confused -- I need a freaking scorecard (or FAQ) to remember all the little issues and conflicts!!

Lomag 07-02-2004 09:41 AM

Yeah! That's holding back Bluetooth in the U.S. but in Europe Bluetooth wasn't available if you got Prof. Nav until recently. It seems like everything is incompatible with NAV and needs to be "fixed". Except HUD!

NickP 07-02-2004 10:06 AM

I'm hesitent on movie DVD's... Does your dealer state that you need a Video Module 5 FBAS or Video Module 5 Drive??

If they are decoding DVD's then the CCC is doing this in SW... You need 300 MIPS of performance to decode DVD. Let's see what happens.

WIth Video Module 5 Drive (rear seat) DVD is possible.

Guest 07-02-2004 11:27 AM

Drove my father in laws E-Class for 4 hours today. And listened/watched 3 music DVD's.. Absolutely awesome.. BMW needs to get this sorted asap!

530E60NL 07-02-2004 11:39 AM

Sorry forgat to log in!

NickP 07-02-2004 11:46 AM

Guys; I'm not doubting what's possible from BMW, I'm just not going to set myself up for an expectation that isn't published anywhere to appear and work. Let's see what happens. MB does in fact state it can play DVD movies and DVD-Audio, BMW never has stated this. Agree that BMW does need to step off the bench and be more proactive. Moving to the CCC and MOST bus in the long run is the best way to more proactive in multimedia changes down the road.