E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Newest family member

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 05:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey nice look...i always like a small aftermarket touch to classy cars. Makes them unique
Old 08-06-2004, 06:42 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Great ride Wolverine . Nice set of wheels (forged, right?). Are they chromed? Get those Mud Flaps, won't hurt the look since they're of the same color. Congratz.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:20 PM
Senior Members

Yup, forged and 14 lbs lighter than the oem wheel and tire combo. Not chromed, gunmetal powder coated with polished aluminum rim.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Contributors

SWEEEEEET
Attached Images  
Old 08-07-2004, 03:35 AM
Senior Members

Wolverine, great looking ride. Could you tell us a little more about the UUC shifter? Cost? How big a difference does it make? Where did you have it done?

Also, if you're interested, I replace those balck plugs in the rear of the center armrest with actual lighters (from the 7). It's a much, much more finished look.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Congrats, looks exceptional
Old 08-07-2004, 05:10 AM
Members

Looks beautiful!Congrats.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:09 AM
Senior Members

Thanks for the comments - and thanks to this board for cluing me in on the Euro reflectors, hardwired V1 (thanks Don Juan), and wood brake handle.

The UUC shifter makes a huge difference IMO. First, the shift throws are considerably shorter with no appreciable increase in effort. The linkage replaces an insert molded delrin ball on a steel shaft with piece where the shaft and ball are CNC machined out of a single piece of stainless steel. The bearing is much improved also, and the shifter height is adjustable, so you can shorten the shift knob height about 5/8 inch. The feel of the shift linkage is much more direct and precise - the quality is fantastic.

Now the bad news. The shifter is about $320 and I had the dealer install it. FOUR HOURS of labor. I had Rob from UUC talk to my service consultant and they gave me a break on the rate, a total of $280 for the labor, which is not bad for dealer service. This was the first one they had done, so there was probably some learning curve, but you do need to drop the exhaust and the lower part of the transmission housing, so plan on spending either a lot of time or money to put it in.

For a total cost of $600 I would do it again in a hearbeat - this and the new wheel/tire combo bring the car up to another level. I would highly reccomend it if you love to shift. Rob at UUCmotorwerks.com is the person to talk to.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:48 AM
Contributors

Great looking car and the wheels look fantastic. Can I ask why you decided to debadge? Won't that hurt resale value down the road?
Old 08-08-2004, 09:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I cannot speak for wolverine on this one but I can for myself (I debadged too):

First of all I like the wolf in sheepsclothes idea behind it + I don't like to show off. Second I find it makes the rear look a lot more cleaner. The numbers on the rear are glued on the car. It won't make resale lower because if you want you can stick the numbers right on again, but most people wouldn't care if the numbers are there or not if they buy the car second hand.