E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Newbie Question about options that come on a 545i?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: AW E46 M3 Vert

hi guys i am in the market for a used 2004-2005 545i with sport package, i have a few questions about the minor things that im not sure about.

do all sport package 545i's come with the halo headlights (the rings)?
what package has the logic7 sound system?
can the car have the headlight washers that come with the cold weather package but not heated seats?
how much on average does it cost to retrofit navigation if its not already included in the car.
how often should i expect to fill up lol?

thanks guys

btw: i cant wait to finally find one so i can start modding it like you guys.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by e60_fanatic' post='531270' date='Feb 13 2008, 11:51 PM
hi guys i am in the market for a used 2004-2005 545i with sport package, i have a few questions about the minor things that im not sure about.

do all sport package 545i's come with the halo headlights (the rings)?
what package has the logic7 sound system?
can the car have the headlight washers that come with the cold weather package but not heated seats?
how much on average does it cost to retrofit navigation if its not already included in the car.
how often should i expect to fill up lol?

thanks guys

btw: i cant wait to finally find one so i can start modding it like you guys.
1) Yes, all 545's have the "halo lights"...
2) Logic 7 or Premium Sound is what they called it. It's a stand alone option, not part of a package...
3) Don't think so, headlight washers are part of cold weather package...
4) Retrofit is very costly, better off mounting a Garmin or Tom Tom...
5) Can't really answer this without knowing your driving patterns/habits. Ballpark, on my old 545, maybe once a week to week and a half. But my commute is only 5 miles...
Old 02-14-2008, 04:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='531345' date='Feb 14 2008, 08:09 AM
1) Yes, all 545's have the "halo lights"...
2) Logic 7 or Premium Sound is what they called it. It's a stand alone option, not part of a package...
3) Don't think so, headlight washers are part of cold weather package...
4) Retrofit is very costly, better off mounting a Garmin or Tom Tom...
5) Can't really answer this without knowing your driving patterns/habits. Ballpark, on my old 545, maybe once a week to week and a half. But my commute is only 5 miles...
+1.. but i have a buddy with an 05 545i and he drives all highway.. does a good 380-400mi/tank average
Old 02-14-2008, 05:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by lmohaxx' post='531356' date='Feb 14 2008, 07:37 AM
+1.. but i have a buddy with an 05 545i and he drives all highway.. does a good 380-400mi/tank average
Absolutely! Highway mileage is pretty good...
Old 02-14-2008, 06:17 AM
Senior Members

Ok now is it possible that under the headlights there is that cutout for the headlights washers but nothing actually is there? On a specific car that I'm looking at, it has that cutout but when I look at the interior pics I didnt see the buttons for heating the seats.

Also how big of a difference is there between the premium sound and the regular ones?
thanks
Old 02-14-2008, 06:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by e60_fanatic' post='531385' date='Feb 14 2008, 09:17 AM
Ok now is it possible that under the headlights there is that cutout for the headlights washers but nothing actually is there? On a specific car that I'm looking at, it has that cutout but when I look at the interior pics I didnt see the buttons for heating the seats.

Also how big of a difference is there between the premium sound and the regular ones?
thanks
Yes, all the E60's have that cut out even if the headlight washer is not there.

I have never heard the standard audio, but do some searches here. Most agree L7 is a good system, not great, but very good...
Old 02-14-2008, 07:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='531390' date='Feb 14 2008, 11:29 AM
Yes, all the E60's have that cut out even if the headlight washer is not there.

I have never heard the standard audio, but do some searches here. Most agree L7 is a good system, not great, but very good...
ok first I want to thank you for helping me out so much. I really appreciate it. Here's my last question hopefully LOL. Is active steering an additional option or will it come standard on the 545i? How do I know if it has it or not, I'm looking at alot of out of state ones so I wanted to make sure its got the options I need. Thanks again

Also if you know of any other nice options or things this car has please feel free to list them. I'm upgrading from a e46 coupe and I remember there were all these nice little things that I found out about the car on e46fanatics.com like how the windows go down if you hold the unlock button or if you're far away and your keyless lock/unlock doesn't work you can put the key in the middle of your palm and press lock/unlock and it would work. Little neat tricks like that are nice to know about.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 550i - AS, SP, CWP, Nav, L7, Rear Sunshades, PDC, Comfort Seats

Originally Posted by e60_fanatic' post='531422' date='Feb 14 2008, 11:17 AM
ok first I want to thank you for helping me out so much. I really appreciate it. Here's my last question hopefully LOL. Is active steering an additional option or will it come standard on the 545i? How do I know if it has it or not, I'm looking at alot of out of state ones so I wanted to make sure its got the options I need. Thanks again

Also if you know of any other nice options or things this car has please feel free to list them. I'm upgrading from a e46 coupe and I remember there were all these nice little things that I found out about the car on e46fanatics.com like how the windows go down if you hold the unlock button or if you're far away and your keyless lock/unlock doesn't work you can put the key in the middle of your palm and press lock/unlock and it would work. Little neat tricks like that are nice to know about.

Active steering came standard with the 04s and 05s; not sure when they made AS a stand alone option either in 06 or 07. You can tell by the steering ratio; it is about 3/4 of a turn to get the wheel direction left or right while standing still. With servtronic, steering is a little stiffer and require over a full turn to get the wheels to either direction. The steering is not as pronounced with AS doing highway speeds, where in servtronic you can feel more of the road.

All 5s have the option to open all windows ans sunroof, while holding the open button for more than 2 seconds. And you close the windows by inserting the key into driver's side handle.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by GP550iSport' post='531428' date='Feb 14 2008, 11:28 AM
Active steering came standard with the 04s and 05s; not sure when they made AS a stand alone option either in 06 or 07. You can tell by the steering ratio; it is about 3/4 of a turn to get the wheel direction left or right while standing still. With servtronic, steering is a little stiffer and require over a full turn to get the wheels to either direction. The steering is not as pronounced with AS doing highway speeds, where in servtronic you can feel more of the road.

All 5s have the option to open all windows ans sunroof, while holding the open button for more than 2 seconds. And you close the windows by inserting the key into driver's side handle.
Keep in mind that I think active steering was standard only on cars with the sport package! It was not available on the early cars as a stand-alone option...
Old 02-14-2008, 07:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 550i - AS, SP, CWP, Nav, L7, Rear Sunshades, PDC, Comfort Seats

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='531431' date='Feb 14 2008, 11:38 AM
Keep in mind that I think active steering was standard only on cars with the sport package! It was not available on the early cars as a stand-alone option...
Oops!!! I forgot to add standard with the sports package....Thanks for the correction Rudy.

Quick Reply: Newbie Question about options that come on a 545i?