E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Newbie about to buy first BMW

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 01:06 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I all, newbie here Have been looking at your forum for a while but only just joined up. My name is Jonny and im from the UK.

Im just about to purchase a second hand 520d M Sport and have norrowed it down to two that i am really keen on but just need a bit of advice to help me choose. The first is a carbon black late 55 plate with 32,000 miles, it comes with full black leather, folding mirrors, loud speaker system and service pack plus till feb 2011. The lowest they will go on price is ?17,499 + Tax. The second is a silver gray early 55 plate with 34,000 miles and comes with full black leather only. The price for this is ?15,500 inc tax.

What i really want to know is how much do u reckon the extra's on the carbon black car are worth, especially the service pack? Also do you think that that it is worth the extra money as the silver gray car seems to be a bargin compared to others i've seen?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Old 06-16-2009, 01:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jonny_milner' post='913026' date='Jun 16 2009, 11:06 AM
I all, newbie here Have been looking at your forum for a while but only just joined up. My name is Jonny and im from the UK.

Im just about to purchase a second hand 520d M Sport and have norrowed it down to two that i am really keen on but just need a bit of advice to help me choose. The first is a carbon black late 55 plate with 32,000 miles, it comes with full black leather, folding mirrors, loud speaker system and service pack plus till feb 2011. The lowest they will go on price is ?17,499 + Tax. The second is a silver gray early 55 plate with 34,000 miles and comes with full black leather only. The price for this is ?15,500 inc tax.

What i really want to know is how much do u reckon the extra's on the carbon black car are worth, especially the service pack? Also do you think that that it is worth the extra money as the silver gray car seems to be a bargin compared to others i've seen?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Are they both, or is perhaps the expensive one only, the "SE" model? That includes a lot of options. It sounds like you're probably overlooking a lot of options if you're only looking at leather, mirrors and sound system. There are dozens of different things either of them could have, like dynamic drive, bigger rims, headup display, seat heating, seat cooling, el. sunroof, navi biz, navi pro, voice command etc. The list goes on and on. You could ask the dealer to give you a printout of what each car has as options (this will be easy, it's all in the computer from the original order). Then you could get a current brochure and price list and work out what it's really worth. I have no idea about the service pack though, but the dealer should be able to tell you what 20 months of it is worth.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Week 17 Build, 2008 E60 535d M Sport - Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Automatic gearbox, Steering Wheel Heating, M Double Spoke 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Auto-Dim+Exterior Mirror, Comfort seats, Front Seat Heating, Aluminium Pentan interior trim,DAB Tuner, TV Function, BMW Individual Audio System 825W !!

Hi and to E60

With regard to your question, The service pack on the carbon black is probably worth at least ?1000, especially if it includes all your consumables, like oil and brake pads.

you may want to check with them, to get a full list of the extra's or each of the cars.

Best of luck with your choice
Old 06-16-2009, 02:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

when i bought mine it had 7 months of service pack left but the can didnt need any kind service doing untill after it ran out , my service center refused to doing any service work before it ran out unless the car specifically asked for it
Old 06-16-2009, 02:31 AM
Members

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='913029' date='Jun 16 2009, 10:26 AM
Are they both, or is perhaps the expensive one only, the "SE" model? That includes a lot of options. It sounds like you're probably overlooking a lot of options if you're only looking at leather, mirrors and sound system. There are dozens of different things either of them could have, like dynamic drive, bigger rims, headup display, seat heating, seat cooling, el. sunroof, navi biz, navi pro, voice command etc. The list goes on and on. You could ask the dealer to give you a printout of what each car has as options (this will be easy, it's all in the computer from the original order). Then you could get a current brochure and price list and work out what it's really worth. I have no idea about the service pack though, but the dealer should be able to tell you what 20 months of it is worth.
Both cars are m sports not "SE" models and the options i mentioned are the only ones that the dealers say the cars have.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jonny_milner' post='913034' date='Jun 16 2009, 11:31 AM
Both cars are m sports not "SE" models and the options i mentioned are the only ones that the dealers say the cars have.
In that case your dealer is full of it and i wouldnt buy one off him just for that reason, as metioned before there is loads and loads of extras, my essentials where pro satnav and leather, bluetooth phone prep, folding mirrors, 19" wheels, but that was what i wanted.
If i was you i would spend more time looking and test drive a few more, different option list between cars can realy make the difference!!