E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New scoot arrived

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 05:58 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Yesterday I went to the dealer that had phoned to me the day before to inform me that my new car was arrived.
The car is a sapphire black 535d sedan, with beige dakota leather and a lot of options. But, examining it thouroghly, I noticed a few minor incongruences between the spec sheet printed for me by the dealer and the real thing:

1-the bonnet grills are not chromed as stated in BMW Italia literature but the standard ones < <_< _<
2-the knobs of ventilation grills are the usual ones and not ruthenian
3-the wood trim is dark poplar and not light poplar as stated in the dealer's spec.

The lower central console comes with wood trim, and that is a big improvement over my actual 530d, that is not.

Other than that, the car looks terrific, very low-riding with sport suspension and #124 style rims with 245/front and 275/rear Michelin Pilot tyres.

Of course, I'm planning some mods to have it more "tailored" on me:

-replacement of standard steering wheel with M-style
-SMG paddles install (if I can get all the parts)
-two rear seats monitors on back of headrests
-digital TV settop box
-AC Schintzer front lip (maybe a full M-tech bodywork?)
-tinted windows (only the passenger area; in the front area they are not allowed in Italy)

Any other suggestion from you guys?
Old 03-19-2005, 06:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

Congratulations

I have never seen a 535d with the full chrome kidney grills, here the brochures talk about chrome grills, but the are the standard ones, and then the 545i has chrome grills with chrome slats (the full chrome ones )
Old 03-19-2005, 06:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Originally Posted by E60Speed' date='Mar 19 2005, 04:03 PM
Congratulations?

I have never seen a 535d with the full chrome kidney grills, here the brochures talk about chrome grills, but the are the standard ones, and then the 545i has chrome grills with chrome slats (the full chrome ones )
[snapback]103723[/snapback]
That's what I mean; in the official BMW Italia literature the 535d and 545i are paired as having same level of equipment (of course what is not specific to the motorization) and finish. As far is concerning the kidney grills, they show pictures of both the standard one and the chromed type. For the chromed ones there a label stating "only for 545i and 535d Eccelsa", but that is not my case!
Old 03-19-2005, 07:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Congratulations, Lucky!
Probably print mistake as it is like this all over the world if I am not mistaken.
Otherwise also looks like your car was produced before the 9th week.
Though I have not seen so far any light poplar wood at all, even at the dealership in Germany they did not have specimens a couple of weeks ago. Might be delay of production.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by Lucky' date='Mar 19 2005, 09:58 AM
Yesterday I went to the dealer that had phoned to me the day before to inform me that my new car was arrived.
The car is a sapphire black 535d sedan, with beige dakota leather and a lot of options. But, examining? it thouroghly, I noticed a few minor incongruences between the spec sheet printed for me by the dealer and the real thing:

1-the bonnet grills are not chromed as stated in BMW Italia literature but the standard ones? < <_< _<
3-the wood trim is dark poplar and not light poplar as stated in the dealer's spec.

The lower central console comes with wood trim, and that is a big improvement over my actual 530d, that is not.

Other than that, the car looks terrific, very low-riding with sport suspension and #124 style rims with 245/front and 275/rear Michelin Pilot tyres.

-digital TV settop box
-tinted windows (only the passenger area; in the front area they are not allowed in Italy)

[snapback]103721[/snapback]
Lucky,

What did the dealer say about the absence of the light poplar wood and the week nine mods?
If you don't have the ruthanium trim then you won't have the 5 new braking systems nor the 3d sat nav pro (if speced). The 535d doesn't have chromed grill inserts - only the V8 models. You've got me worried now as I pick mine up in 10 days I don't want the hassle with the dealer if the spec is pre wk 9 and I get dark poplar wood.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by Lucky' date='Mar 19 2005, 09:28 AM
That's what I mean; in the official BMW Italia literature the 535d and 545i are paired as having same level of equipment? (of course what is not specific to the motorization) and finish. As far is concerning the kidney grills, they show pictures of both the standard one and the chromed type. For the chromed ones there a label stating "only for 545i and 535d Eccelsa", but that is not my case!
[snapback]103729[/snapback]

I have a 535d Eccelsa since mid dec2004 and on mine too the kidney grills aren't chromed, notwithstanding brochure info.

Enjoy the beast.
Auguri e complimenti.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Mar 19 2005, 10:31 PM
[quote name='Lucky' date='Mar 19 2005, 09:58 AM']Yesterday I went to the dealer that had phoned to me the day before to inform me that my new car was arrived.
The car is a sapphire black 535d sedan, with beige dakota leather and a lot of options. But, examining? it thouroghly, I noticed a few minor incongruences between the spec sheet printed for me by the dealer and the real thing:

1-the bonnet grills are not chromed as stated in BMW Italia literature but the standard ones? < <_< _<

-digital TV settop box

Lucky,

What did the dealer say about the absence of the light poplar wood and the week nine mods?
If you don't have the ruthanium trim then you won't have the 5 new braking systems nor the 3d sat nav pro (if speced). The 535d doesn't have chromed grill inserts - only the V8 models. You've got me worried now as I pick mine up in 10 days I don't want the hassle with the dealer if the spec is pre wk 9 and I get dark poplar wood.
[snapback]103836[/snapback]
[/quote]

I didn't ask, yet. In any case they didn't tell me the car was a WEEK 9; I got it because it was ready available and fairly good specced.

Concerning the brake system, I was shown by a friend a copy of an internal marketing document by BMW Italia, aimed to the dealers' sales forces, presenting the new March 2005 E60. According to this document, only X-drive models are getting the improved braking system with up-hill and soft-stop functions. Anybody knows more?
Old 03-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by Lucky' date='Mar 19 2005, 05:09 PM
[quote name='Merv the Derv' date='Mar 19 2005, 10:31 PM'][quote name='Lucky' date='Mar 19 2005, 09:58 AM']Yesterday I went to the dealer that had phoned to me the day before to inform me that my new car was arrived.

1-the bonnet grills are not chromed as stated in BMW Italia literature but the standard ones?? < <_< _<

-digital TV settop box

Lucky,

[snapback]103836[/snapback]
[/quote]

I didn't ask, yet. In any case they didn't tell me the car was a WEEK 9; I got it because it was ready available and fairly good specced.

Concerning the brake system, I was shown by a friend a copy of an internal marketing document by BMW Italia, aimed to the dealers' sales forces, presenting the new March 2005 E60. According to this document, only X-drive models are getting the improved braking system with up-hill and soft-stop functions. Anybody knows more?
[snapback]103843[/snapback]
[/quote]

According to Total BMW Magazine in the UK the whole range is getting the upgrade