E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New portable DVD player: BMW codes

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005 | 11:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Visited the dealer this morning to finalize the order for the new DVD player unit I want to install on my car. I was able to get all the item numbers but, unfortunely, some prices are still missing from BMW OEM price list. The dealer offered a 15% discount on the package but clearly he overpriced the installation work: he asked for about 800,00 Euros when the original BMW timetable states that's a 4,5-5,5 manhours job.

I definitively want the new toy but don't want to be robbed of my money
So, at the end, I collected all the information and now I will ask a new offer to another SA.

Here are the item numbers for each component of the kit (please note that I asked for my car, which is a sedan E60, no sunroof, with original BMW 303 alarm system; for cars with different options some item numbers are different):

65120398174 DOCKING STATION (GREY)
65120398186 PORTABLE DVD PLAYER, 10" LCD SCREEN (SILVER)
65120406326 INSTALLATION KIT
65120405114 CABLES KIT
65120406657 ADAPTER KIT FOR ALARM EQUIPPED CARS
65756955185 RADAR SENSOR FOR ALARM SYSTEM

For the Docking station the literature states that it's equipped with light spots and switches.

The DVD player is a 10" Lcd screen multistandard unit that can accept DVD, Divx, MP3, WMA, Jpeg; it's supplied with remote control, 2 infrared earphones, carrying bag, battery pack, AC/DC converter to recharge the battery at home. When used in car, the unit is inserted in the docking station and operated via remote control; when you arrive at your destination, you can pull out the unit and use it as an indipendent device powered by its own batteries or connect it to the domestic electrical network. Lovely toy

As an option, BMW supply also an alarm kit for the DVD itself, in case you decide to leave it in the car all the time; I don't have any detail about it.

Unfortunely, as I said, some information are still missing,; I hope to gather everything soon in order to make a deal with some cooperative BMW dealer
Old 07-26-2005 | 11:48 AM
Senior Members

Sounds good. Any pics of the system?
Old 07-26-2005 | 12:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

tried my dealer too and he offer some DVD + TV modul unit for 1295 EUR + 750 EUR for work.
The thing is that I'm not sure what he means by this system so I asked for more details, specs and pics.....
Old 07-26-2005 | 02:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Originally Posted by E60525d' date='Jul 26 2005, 08:48 PM
Sounds good. Any pics of the system?
[snapback]153306[/snapback]
Only one but not printable due to very low quality. The picture is from BMW internal LAN and is small and of low resolution. I'm pretty sure all the dealers worldwide have the same document, so just ask to your dealer to let have a look of the pages of the BMW software in the "entertainment" menu.

The official italian price list is:

-docking station 293,00
-DVD player 1349,00
-alarm radar 204,00

I miss other prices because they are not yet in the system; nevertheless, according to my dealer all the items are now available.

Price are in Euros, VAT (20%) included.
Old 07-26-2005 | 02:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Peter530i' date='Jul 26 2005, 09:55 PM
tried my dealer too and he offer some DVD + TV modul unit for 1295 EUR + 750 EUR for work.
The thing is that I'm not sure what he means by this system so I asked for more details, specs and pics.....
[snapback]153331[/snapback]
Cannot be the same! The price of the original TV analog/digital tuner is about 1000,00 Euros so, no way, we're not speaking about the same matter. Double check it and ask a quotation for exactly the part numbers I posted. (take into consideration your car's specification: sunroof or not ect. )