E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New Navigation View...Birds eye view.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 01:09 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've now seen the bird-view on the E65....it is a great addition,....dealer does not know if it will be a software upgrade or if it is a whole new nav computer issue!

not much help but if it is available....I WANT IT !!!!!
Old 05-26-2004, 06:04 AM
Senior Members

I want it too!!! Let's hope it will just be a software update.

I also think that the nav system of the E65 is pretty much the same to the one used in the E60/E63/E64, so it should work. In addition I've seen some pictures posted some time ago displaying the birds eye view on the Pro nav of the E60!

Let's keep our fingers crossed that it will become available soon!
Old 05-26-2004, 06:05 AM
Contributors

do you know where these pictures are?

thanks

DD
Old 05-26-2004, 06:56 AM
Senior Members

Nope, I saw them a couple of months ago on another message board. At that time I though that it was just a hoax, doesn't seems to be so after all. Most likely I saw this on RF or bimmerfest. I tried to find it back, but was unsuccessful. The person who posted it said that he found the pictures on a foreign message board (Taiwanese/Japanse or something like that).

Hope this helps. I'll try to search some more for them.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:30 AM
Senior Members

I read somewhere that this birds eye view is an option on Japanese cars.

In Japan they have a much more extensive topographical database than in Europe etc. , which makes it possible to present a 3D view.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:42 AM
Contributors

Found this on the owner info site (UK)

It clearly states that professional nav will have 3D view (this bulletin says its from march production and was posted back in december 2003)

Hope they are right

will have to wait 50 hours to find out!

07/12/2003
New options released for the 5 Series Saloon

A host of new options have been released for the new 5 Series Saloon including the innovative Head-up Display.

Head-up Display
Confirmed for production starting in March 2004, the optional Head-up Display projects navigation instructions onto the windscreen, meaning that the driver doesn't have to take his eyes off the road during a journey. This must be ordered with Advanced Air Conditioning and either the Professional or Business Navigation systems.

Professional navigation system
The new 'Professional' navigation system comes with a 3D map displaying your route on the on-board-monitor and can be ordered with Extended Voice Control, allowing the driver to completely control the navigation system via voice commands. It also controls functions of the phone and audio system.
Also in available in conjunction with the Professional navigation system is a TV and teletext function. Allowing you to watch your favourite TV programs when the vehicle is stationary.

BMW Assist and BMW Online
The range of services covered by BMW Assist and BMW Online include safety and emergency services, individual route planning and the provision of general information direct to your car when you are on the move.

For more information on the optional equipment available on the new 5 Series Saloon please click here or contact your local BMW Dealership.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:32 AM
Contributors

Dr. D.,

It's killing me just waiting for you to get your car. I don't know how you do it. Now you understand why I couldn't order a car and picked one from dealer stock!

Can't wait to see the pictures!!!!

james
Old 06-02-2004, 06:00 AM
Contributors

Batteries on charge for my Canon D10 as we speak!...going to get some shots of the X3 Demo my wife is borrowing tomorrow and I'll get some pictures up of mine over the weekend hopefully.

DD
Old 06-02-2004, 06:25 AM
Senior Members

can't wait to see your pics. Also curious if one gets more relaxed after getting the car, or will we be like this forever...
Old 06-02-2004, 06:31 AM
Contributors

I'm in a bit of a posting frenzy....its keeping me sane as I wait and try to concentrate on my busy wed. afternoon surgery!!!

I'm sure I'll be too busy driving to post as much next week

DD

Quick Reply: New Navigation View...Birds eye view.