5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   New key battery replacement (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/new-key-battery-replacement-123749/)

phoko 05-29-2012 05:25 PM

I owned a 2004 BMW 545i and since I bought this car, I cannot use my key remote.I try so many ways but still in vain.Could someone please tell me how I should proceed.Thank you. :confused:

seanjordan 05-29-2012 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by phoko (Post 1445805)
I owned a 2004 BMW 545i and since I bought this car, I cannot use my key remote.I try so many ways but still in vain.Could someone please tell me how I should proceed.Thank you. :confused:

What type of car do you have and which key. What type of problem are you having. There are DIYs for this on the site.

phoko 05-30-2012 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by seanjordan (Post 1445815)
What type of car do you have and which key. What type of problem are you having. There are DIYs for this on the site.

:smile: Mine is E60 and it is a diamond shape key with with three buttons and the center one with BMW Emblem.

Big Rob 05-31-2012 10:20 AM

I have 2008 550i and I am having the same issue, with the same key fob as listed above. Not really sure how to proceed. I used the spare key for entry, and I place the "dead" key in the ignition for charging, but I'm not sure if this is actually charging the "dead" key. Suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

vkhong 05-31-2012 10:39 AM

To keep the battery charge, I use both keys when I go on long trips. For charging at home, I leave the key in the ignition, in the run position. Turn off all equipment and light in the vehicle, and place a charger running at 2A for at least two hours.

Gilgorm 06-01-2012 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Big Rob (Post 1446374)
I have 2008 550i and I am having the same issue, with the same key fob as listed above. Not really sure how to proceed. I used the spare key for entry, and I place the "dead" key in the ignition for charging, but I'm not sure if this is actually charging the "dead" key. Suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Do you have Comfort Access? The 'key' the OP is referring to is an actual key with a diamond shaped head and the three buttons. I thought an 08 550i would have a key fob with no key blade showing. Please verify which you have. A Comfort Access key fob stays in your pocket and needs new batteries that can be changed by the owner. Comfort Access fobs are NOT rechargeable. The hole in the ignition is solely for when the key sets up the memory functions and the rest of the time it is just a convenient, but unnecessary, place to store the key when driving.

nomis_nehc 06-01-2012 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Gilgorm (Post 1446681)
Do you have Comfort Access? The 'key' the OP is referring to is an actual key with a diamond shaped head and the three buttons. I thought an 08 550i would have a key fob with no key blade showing. Please verify which you have. A Comfort Access key fob stays in your pocket and needs new batteries that can be changed by the owner. Comfort Access fobs are NOT rechargeable. The hole in the ignition is solely for when the key sets up the memory functions and the rest of the time it is just a convenient, but unnecessary, place to store the key when driving.

This is correct.