E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New here - Got a few Q's

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 10:11 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d
Default New here - Got a few Q's

Im about to buy an E60 prefacelift model (2006) - 520d, it doesn't have an m sport steering wheel, or an m body kit, or the 19" m wheels, or LCI lights, etc.

Q1) Can I simply replace the trim on my steering wheel to make it look like the M wheel?
Q2) Where can I buy the M body kit that comes with the 520d's that have the M Sports Package
Q3) What is the best place to buy aftermarket parts/OEM parts?
Q4) For the rear light LCI retrofit, where should i buy the rear lights cheapest, what about bruce's cables?

Thanks a lot
Old 11-22-2012, 11:12 PM
New Members

im interested in these also. looking forward to the replies
Old 11-24-2012, 03:57 AM
New Members

looking forward to the secret answers
Old 11-24-2012, 09:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 02/2006 525i Titanium Silver Metallic Manual 6-Speed

Originally Posted by silicuda
Im about to buy an E60 prefacelift model (2006) - 520d, it doesn't have an m sport steering wheel, or an m body kit, or the 19" m wheels, or LCI lights, etc.

Q1) Can I simply replace the trim on my steering wheel to make it look like the M wheel?
Q2) Where can I buy the M body kit that comes with the 520d's that have the M Sports Package
Q3) What is the best place to buy aftermarket parts/OEM parts?
Q4) For the rear light LCI retrofit, where should i buy the rear lights cheapest, what about bruce's cables?

Thanks a lot

Hello! Welcome to the forums, I hope you love your 5 as much as we love ours.

Here are some answers for you:

1.You have to change whole steering wheels to have the M (sport) one. Which means you buy the wheel, the trim/buttons and the new air bag. The sport wheels have a round air bag, where the non-sport have a diamond shape air bag.

2.There are many vendors here that sell the M body kits. Take a look at the Vendor Classifieds Section of the forums for details. Also find member Nerweezy, he can assist you. He sold me my M side skirts.

3. For oem parts I go to getBMWparts.com. Aftermarket, check out Trinity Autosports, Bavarian Autosports, and always ebay.

4. You can sometimes get lucky and buy the LCI tail lights off of other members here in the Private Member Classifieds forums. I suggest you check them regularly for great deals! There are other options than the Bruce cables, just take your time and search the forums. Also talk to member umichchris, he is the shit with custom tail lights among a lot of other really bad ass stuff. Great guy too.

Good Luck and have fun! Be sure to use the search before posting new threads as well.

-Patrick

Last edited by pradden; 11-24-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:06 PM
New Members

Thanks Patrick, yup been a BMW fan forever. had an e46 before this, and an e36 before that
Now that I got a family it was time to move up to a bigger car (5 series)

Thx again