E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New E60 owner questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 08:09 AM
Geo
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i

Yesterday, I just became an owner of a new 2006 E60! Thanks to all on this forum for the useful information that led me to make the purchase. As a new owner, I have a few questions. Any help will be appreciated.

1. Anyway to make the BMW chime quiter? It is somewhat loud.

2. My adaptive lights seem not to work properly. I have them on the "A" setting, the green LED is on, but the lights will not move right to left (or vice versa) when the wheel is turned. Even from a rest, I cannot get them to move. They also don't go up and down when the lights turn on. Could they be in a locked position from the factory?

3. I cannot get M3 disks to work. I have made them in the past for computers and home DVD players without any probem. I tried everything (e.g., iTunes) except using Nero 7 as discussed by other forum members. Is Nero required?. After making a number of of useless disk, I gave up. I have Navigation and I also tryied using the DVD reader to no avial. I'm also using CD-Rs if that matters.

4. Should I have purchased the tire and rim insurance? I have 17" wheels, so it shouldn't be a problem.

5. Can I get a large nav window and small entertainment or radio window. I currently have it set to the reverse, but would prefer a larger nav window.

Thanks
Old 12-28-2005, 09:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

1. Pre set volume I believe. No way you can adjust. Perhaps is software settings by dealer.

2. Confirm you have adaptive headlights. They will only trun to the right and minimally to the right. Best seen at night with the high beams on. The vertical adjustment is normally part of the self levelling at start. If they do not do this, then check with dealer ship as something may be locked up.

3. What is your build date? Do you have NAV? MP3 playback is hardware specific. Please provide these details.

4. Personal choice. I did not.

5. Sorry, can't help you with this one. I don't have NAV.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

Duh...how about a call to your dealer?
Old 12-28-2005, 09:30 AM
Geo
Members

My Ride: 530i

I pulled the car sticker and it states that "Adaptive Headlight Control" and "Xenon Headlights" are included with the 530i. I think that the build date is 22 Sept 2005 since it says "20050922" in small print on the bottom left of the sticker.

Originally Posted by ademitt' post='216367' date='Dec 28 2005, 01:02 PM
1. Pre set volume I believe. No way you can adjust. Perhaps is software settings by dealer.

2. Confirm you have adaptive headlights. They will only trun to the right and minimally to the right. Best seen at night with the high beams on. The vertical adjustment is normally part of the self levelling at start. If they do not do this, then check with dealer ship as something may be locked up.

3. What is your build date? Do you have NAV? MP3 playback is hardware specific. Please provide these details.

4. Personal choice. I did not.

5. Sorry, can't help you with this one. I don't have NAV.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Not that I know of

2. My adaptive lights seem not to work properly. I have them on the "A" setting, the green LED is on, but the lights will not move right to left (or vice versa) when the wheel is turned. Even from a rest, I cannot get them to move. They also don't go up and down when the lights turn on. Could they be in a locked position from the factory?

They don't move when your car is at rest - at least mine don't

4. Should I have purchased the tire and rim insurance? I have 17" wheels, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I was never even offered one from my dealer.

5. Can I get a large nav window and small entertainment or radio window. I currently have it set to the reverse, but would prefer a larger nav window.

I don't think so.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525xi

Originally Posted by Geo' post='216350' date='Dec 28 2005, 12:09 PM

Thanks
Yes, if you go to navigation first from iDrive and then you can choose what you want the smaller window to be. The reason why you got bigger radio window is probably because you went to entertainment first.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:41 AM
SKK
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 1600' post='216374' date='Dec 28 2005, 06:20 PM
Duh...how about a call to your dealer?
Be nice. If we all relied on our dealers for information we wouldnt know half the stuff that goes around on these forums
Old 12-28-2005, 11:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by Geo' post='216350' date='Dec 28 2005, 11:09 AM
Yesterday, I just became an owner of a new 2006 E60! Thanks to all on this forum for the useful information that led me to make the purchase. As a new owner, I have a few questions. Any help will be appreciated.

3. I cannot get M3 disks to work. I have made them in the past for computers and home DVD players without any probem. I tried everything (e.g., iTunes) except using Nero 7 as discussed by other forum members. Is Nero required?. After making a number of of useless disk, I gave up. I have Navigation and I also tryied using the DVD reader to no avial. I'm also using CD-Rs if that matters.

Thanks
1. Sorry no way to quiet the chime. You don't think it's a nice chime?
2. My adaptive light move even in stop position. If your lights do not auto level at startup (engine startup with the A position, then there a problem. Is the green led light flashing by the "A." If so, have dealer check Adaptive Lights.
3. I hate BMW mp3 spec. For the life of me, I can't get mine to work either. Dealer knows nothing. We need a BMW mp3 expert here, please.
4. none offered. Why get insurance for something most people don't get?
5. Don't have NAV.

Welcome to the board.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i R6 SMG M-Sport; Silver Gray & Gray Dakota; Comfort Seats; L7; Adaptive Xenons; Advanced A/C; BlueTooth

Originally Posted by Geo' post='216350' date='Dec 28 2005, 06:09 PM

Thanks
Add 2.

I am almost 100% sure that during stop your adaptive headlights should turn slightly to the right and "not at all" to the left side (to protect drivers coming towards you while you are parked by the road and you left your steering wheel turned to left). On he other hand make a drive in the night and I don't think you will miss headlight operation.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

4. Should I have purchased the tire and rim insurance? I have 17" wheels, so it shouldn't be a problem

I am a dealer and can provide the tire and rim insurance for half the price they qouted you. I think it's a good deal if it applies to expensive tires and rims! Email me if you want more details

Quick Reply: New E60 owner questions