E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New E60...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 10:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Black Sapphire Metallic 07' 550i

Hi guys...i am new here...well i juz got my new e60..sapphire black on black from my dealer yesterday...guess it juz wow me except for the navi system...dun u guys get irked by the fact that u cant do a name or telephone number search on your navi ? Well i do...but i was hoping to get some tips and tricks from you guys...

P.S...i know many of u might wanna request for pics...but i am kinda lazy to take them now...i will soon i guess..
Old 06-25-2006, 01:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

Congrats on your new car
Old 06-25-2006, 03:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by iceman316' post='302762' date='Jun 25 2006, 02:21 AM
Congrats on your new car
Thank you. =). Any tips for navi sys ? Doesnt bmw have something like lexus or honda where u just need to input the name of the building and they will do a search and try to match it ? What i get now is something like input street and city...i was wondering what if the driver doesnt know the exact address but knows the building or complex name...how can he or she go about navigating ?
Old 06-25-2006, 06:44 AM
JDN
Contributors

Welcome, microstar. Sapphire's a great color. Now is the time to apply RejeX while it is still new and free from blemishes.

Don't think you can enter a building in NAV unless the building has some significance within the city.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Members

Originally Posted by JDN' post='302841' date='Jun 25 2006, 07:44 AM
Welcome, microstar. Sapphire's a great color. Now is the time to apply RejeX while it is still new and free from blemishes.

Don't think you can enter a building in NAV unless the building has some significance within the city.
Thanks =)....oh btw wads RejeX ? I did have this clear armor thing waiting to be installed soon...protective films that protects against rock chips...

Overall i kind of like my car...except for the fact that the dealer drilled two holes in my front bumper ! :thumbsdown: The car just seems to go into life when the engine ignites...love that sound...comfort seats are awesome...even comfort access seems to be one of the best among its competitiors...but i drive...bleah....dun really like it...coupled with that navi...

So basically...lets say i am in california...and hmm trying to go to the nearest CPK in the vicinity yet i do not know where's the exact address...what should i do ?
Old 06-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Microstar' post='302936' date='Jun 25 2006, 07:33 PM
So basically...lets say i am in california...and hmm trying to go to the nearest CPK in the vicinity yet i do not know where's the exact address...what should i do ?
Restaurants with phone numbers are in "Information". You can navigate to them but dunno whether CPK is included.

ABC
Old 06-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Congrats and welcome Microstar.

But why are you so lazy?

Just buy a cam and post pics!
Old 06-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='302950' date='Jun 25 2006, 12:26 PM
Congrats and welcome Microstar.

But why are you so lazy?

Just buy a cam and post pics!
Do have a sony T30...juz that these days rather busy and with me running the car over so many highways and streets...its getting dirty...i wouldnt want to present u ppl with a dirty car, would i ?
I'll try nevertheless....and get it posted asap...

Oh btw...my 550i always switches on the aircon by itself whenever i ignite the engine...is this normal ? Can i program it not to ? Since i've heard it's not advisable to have the ac switched on immediately after the engine starts up...u know...kinda like its not yet warmed up...Any comments or help with be gladly appreciated
Old 06-26-2006, 02:12 PM
Members

Oh and one more thing...why dont my side mirrors tilt down when i am on reverse parking or sthg like that...i always thought this function is available on most cars...much less bmw ? Or do i need to program sthg too ?
Old 06-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Arrived 3 June 2005: 2005 545i - Orient Blue, Black interior, Sport, Steptronic, Cold Weather, NAV, Sirius, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Sunshades. What a glorious ride!

Originally Posted by Microstar' post='303492' date='Jun 26 2006, 06:12 PM
Oh and one more thing...why dont my side mirrors tilt down when i am on reverse parking or sthg like that...i always thought this function is available on most cars...much less bmw ? Or do i need to program sthg too ?
The right side mirror will tilt down in reverse so long as your inside mirror control switch is set to adjust the driver's (left) side mirror.

Quick Reply: New E60...