E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New colorsamples

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone seen any photos of Deep Sea Blue?
Old 02-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='387673' date='Feb 5 2007, 06:05 PM
Yes, well the upper dash has always been black.
The only new thing for the LCI is that the upper door trim is now black with inlaid trim.

When people say 2-tone, I think they are really referring to the following

(i) the carpets are black as opposed to being the same colour as the seats
(ii) lower door plastic black as opposed to being the same colour as the seats
(iii) lower dash plastic is black as opposed to being the same colour as the seats
Yup!
My car is due for production in w11 so I'm more than curious to see what Natural brown will look like in combination with Space gray or Platinum gray.

"Den som v?ntar p? n?got gott..."
Old 02-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Members

I really like the Nature Brown.... it looks kinda cool.... dark but not really and light but not really light.... kinda oxymoron....

I currently have the truffle brown, soon to be a deleted option and quite like the colour.... I actually booked one with beige interior and was lucky enough to change it..... So far, quite happy with the colour....

What I have always liked about this 5 is the interior door grabs.... I don't think any other cars (I could be wrong) have it in this style.... now that they have changed it, dunno, I guess its inline with the 3 series....
Old 02-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by Scandic24' post='387688' date='Feb 5 2007, 08:06 PM
Yup!
My car is due for production in w11 so I'm more than curious to see what Natural brown will look like in combination with Space gray or Platinum gray.

"Den som v?ntar p? n?got gott..."
Hi,

I am waiting for LCI 525iA Space grey & Natural brown with black trims. Production date 12th March. Just wondering if I should change the colour to be platinium gray... Still possible to change, but I haven?t seen the color yet. I have titanium gray II now - space gray is quite light, whatabout platinium? Anybody seen a photo yet?

TGII
Old 02-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by TitangrauII530iA' post='387707' date='Feb 5 2007, 08:57 PM
Hi,
I am waiting for LCI 525iA Space grey & Natural brown with black trims. Production date 12th March. Just wondering if I should change the colour to be platinium gray... Still possible to change, but I haven?t seen the color yet. I have titanium gray II now - space gray is quite light, whatabout platinium? Anybody seen a photo yet?
TGII
A light color is very practical, no dust nor dirt will show.

The Pl Grey seems even a bit darker than the Tit Grey.

Maybe a small change to a lighter color will do good?

PS. The interiour with Natural Brown and Black trims can be really stylish!
But what about some wood trims?
Old 02-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='387714' date='Feb 5 2007, 09:17 PM
A light color is very practical, no dust nor dirt will show.

The Pl Grey seems even a bit darker than the Tit Grey.

Maybe a small change to a lighter color will do good?

PS. The interiour with Natural Brown and Black trims can be really stylish!
But what about some wood trims?
Hi,

Personally I think light colors don?t look good in E60, even if they are easy to keep clean. -And wooden trims are a bit old fashioned...

TGII
Old 02-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Are they replacing the Amethyst two-tone interior with another light two-tone interior? Or is it only the Auburn that's getting replaced?

I wouldn't say no to the "Dakota Lemon" two-tone they offer with the 3er - probably wouldn't look bad with Carbon Black...
Old 02-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by TitangrauII530iA' post='387707' date='Feb 5 2007, 07:57 PM
Still possible to change, but I haven?t seen the color yet. I have titanium gray II now - space gray is quite light, whatabout platinium? Anybody seen a photo yet?

TGII
See 1:st post in this thread!
Old 02-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Scandic24' post='383168' date='Jan 25 2007, 05:59 AM
*Edit* As you might notice, there seems to be quite a lot more sparkle/metallic flakes in the new ones.
I agree the new colors have more sparkle, but they appear to actually have less metal flake, but larger metal flake particles. The old colors appear to have so much tiny metal flake that it creates a uniform satiny appearance.