E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New Colors & Packages Available In Europe

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 06:27 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This press release today (if I read this correctly .. it's in German) mentions new colors for the E60 starting in March 2008.

Platinum Bronze Metallic
Neptune Blue Metallic
Imola Red (sport edition)
LeMans Blue (sport edition)

What else is in here?
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Old 01-14-2008, 07:44 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='517711' date='Jan 14 2008, 04:27 PM
This press release today (if I read this correctly .. it's in German) mentions new colors for the E60 starting in March 2008.

Platinum Bronze Metallic
Neptune Blue Metallic
Imola Red (sport edition)
LeMans Blue (sport edition)

What else is in here?

Other than the usual route of configuring an empty 5er, they will have three Edition models: Exclusive, Lifestyle and Sport. These Edition models can all be combined with other options from options-list. The following is my basic translation of what the Edition models include:

The Sport Eddition will basically have the M-Sport pack (Aerodynamic pack, sport seats, m-wheel, m-gear shifter, anthracite roof liner, 18" M135 rims, black half-leather) and also give you the option for the colours you mentioned above, in addition to those already available today (incl. Carbon Black).

The Exclusive Eddition will include the Comfort Seats in Nappa Leather Black or Tabak (Tobacco) and Bambus Maser trim. On the outside it will have a Chrome Line around the windows and Shaddow-line High-Gloss for the central (window) pillars. Furthermore it includes 17" "V-Spoke" rims, which I am guessing will be the type 245.

The Lifestyle Eddition will have Shaddow Line and 17" "double spoke" rims, which I am guessing will be type 116. On the inside it will have Papel Maser trim, Anthracite roof liner and half-leather Reflex on standard seats.

BMW did this with the E46 3er when it was approaching end of life. There are some good savings to be made with these models, especially the Sport Eddition. I must admit, the Imola Red or LeMans blue may have made it into my recent order, but too late for that now!

(Off topic, but need to say it... just heard that my new ride will be arriving at the dealer ship some time next week... all business travel has been cancelled )
Old 01-14-2008, 08:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='517742' date='Jan 14 2008, 05:44 PM
Other than the usual route of configuring an empty 5er, they will have three Edition models: Exclusive, Lifestyle and Sport. These Edition models can all be combined with other options from options-list. The following is my basic translation of what the Edition models include:

The Sport Eddition will basically have the M-Sport pack (Aerodynamic pack, sport seats, m-wheel, m-gear shifter, anthracite roof liner, 18" M135 rims, black half-leather) and also give you the option for the colours you mentioned above, in addition to those already available today (incl. Carbon Black).

The Exclusive Eddition will include the Comfort Seats in Nappa Leather Black or Tabak (Tobacco) and Bambus Maser trim. On the outside it will have a Chrome Line around the windows and Shaddow-line High-Gloss for the central (window) pillars. Furthermore it includes 17" "V-Spoke" rims, which I am guessing will be the type 245.

The Lifestyle Eddition will have Shaddow Line and 17" "double spoke" rims, which I am guessing will be type 116. On the inside it will have Papel Maser trim, Anthracite roof liner and half-leather Reflex on standard seats.

BMW did this with the E46 3er when it was approaching end of life. There are some good savings to be made with these models, especially the Sport Eddition. I must admit, the Imola Red or LeMans blue may have made it into my recent order, but too late for that now!

(Off topic, but need to say it... just heard that my new ride will be arriving at the dealer ship some time next week... all business travel has been cancelled )

Thanks for the translation Pete !

and look foward seeing your new car in person
Old 01-14-2008, 10:39 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Exactly like they did with the E39 too.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Members

Translated...

Munich. Efficient driving dynamics, premium-quality, innovative technology and sporting elegant design characterize the BMW 5 series. With the introduction of the three editions Exclusive, lifestyle and sports for all 5 models, these properties now even stronger effect. These high-quality models offer customers exclusive, new exterior colors and light alloy wheels with tires, including emergency running and by concerted Sitzpolsterungen and interior strips. Coinciding with the editions is the new Comfort Package.

Entry bars and the text "Edition" identify the three model variants. For their equipment also includes heated seats for driver and passenger, automatic climate control with expanded volumes, the Park Distance Control (PDC), the light package, the movable arm front and automatically dimming interior mirror.

Verfeinerter luxury: BMW 5 Series Edition Exclusive.
The sense of the special at the highest level of quality can be compared with a BMW 5 Series Edition Exclusive convincingly express. At first glance, signaled the exclusive painting in the shade bronze metallic platinum this claim. Alternatively, five more Metalliclackierungen for election. Additional sheen sedan and Touring win by the Chrome Line for the Seitenfenstereinfassungen and Scheibenwaschd?sen, and the high-gloss Shadow Line for window bars. Another detection feature is the 17-inch light alloy wheels in the V-spoke design. The interior comfort care electrically adjustable seats, fine nappa leather in black or tobacco with appropriate contrast seams and precious wood interior Maser bamboo strips in anthracite for a luxurious ambience.
Modern Aesthetics: BMW 5 Series Edition Lifestyle.
Elegance and extravagance combines the BMW 5 Series Edition Lifestyle very stylish. Six Metalliclackierungen are available, including the exclusive Colour Neptune blue. In addition to the Shadow Line dull round 17-inch light alloy wheels in double-spoke design of the high-quality appearance. Subtly gray wood interior bars in the execution poplar Maser and a roof sky in anthracite shape the aesthetic interior. For the upholstery, the fabric leather equipment reflex in grey and black leather or some optional equipment for election Dakota.
Pure joy ride: BMW 5 Series Sport Edition.
Striking dynamically present the models of the BMW 5 series at the Sports Edition. The athletic lines of the body are powerful colours emphasized. Besides Carbon Black Metallic are exclusively for the first time by the racing-inspired Au?enlackierungen Imola Red and Le Mans Blue choices. It also includes an M sports suspension, 18-inch M light alloy wheels in double-spoke design, an M aerodynamic package and the high gloss Shadow Line Equipment to the extent Edition sports. For the interior will be coordinated colors and decorative strips, aluminium version. The sports seats are fitted with leather fabric combination Flashlight optional with leather and related Dakota. Optional comfort seats are also available. A anthrazitfarbener Headliners, the M footrest, the M leather steering wheel and - for vehicles with manual - the M shiftknob complete the sporting impression.
Prices for the new edition models start at 40400 euros for the BMW 520i Edition Lifestyle (Touring: 42900 euros), 42800 euro for the BMW 520i Exclusive Edition (Touring: 45300 euros) and 43700 euros for the BMW 520i Edition Sports (Touring: 46200 euros).
Smarter choice: BMW 5 Comfort package.
Parallel to the launch of new editions for the BMW 5 Series and the new equipment package Comfort. It includes frequently chosen options such as the Bi-xenon headlights, the comfort access, the soft-close-for the automatic doors, and the charging system, including through Ski Bag for the BMW 5 Series sedan and the automatic rear flap actuation for the Touring model.
The Comfort package is at the price of 2200 euro for all models of the BMW 5 Series sedan and at the price of 2350 euros for the Touring model. The price advantage compared to the retail options amount to around 30 percent.
Dynamism and efficiency: BMW Efficient Dynamics.
All BMW 5 Series models, but in particular for the model year 2008 newly introduced four-cylinder models BMW 520i and BMW 520d, characterized in the competitive environment through outstanding efficiency. With an output of 130 kW/177 hp and an average consumption of 5.1 liters of diesel per 100 kilometers for the sedan and 5.3 litres for the BMW 520d Touring and with their CO2 levels of 136 grams (sedan) and 140 grams per kilometer (Touring) are particularly these two diesel models set new standards for efficiency in business class.
Safe and innovative: BMW driver assistance systems.
Even in the area of driver assistance systems and the security builds the BMW 5 series of its pioneering role in the 2008 model year went on. Series are all models of the series with crashaktiven headrests. In addition, variable light distribution, asset management, Dynamic Drive, Head-Up Display, BMW Night Vision, Lane Departure Warning and Active-speed keitsregelung with Stop & Go function highlights of the special equipment list.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Black Nasca Leather w/ Ventilated Seats, Anthracite Headliner, Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Sport Auto Transmission w/ Shift Paddles, PDC, Rear Side Airbag, Automatic Sunshades, Heads Up Display, Sat, HD Radio, Navigation, Logic 7

As much as I love Iomla Red, I almost hope this press release is fiction rachter than fact. Only b/c I desparetly wanted my recetly delivered 535 to be painted in Imola Red. I was even willing to pay for the special color.

The response from the factory was that they will not paint a non-M car with a M-only color, such as Imola Red. Currently I believe it is still only available on the M roadster. They did offer me Crimson Red, currently a 3 series option for a $5,100 upgrade. Sorry, but I had to pass on that one.

Anyway, I love the color I got (Deep Sea Blue Metallic), but I have been dreaming of an Imola Red e60 since I saw the LCI '08's.

I guess I will have to trade mine in for the color of my dreams! If I see a 535 Sport with the M package in Imola Red driving down the street, I may cry.

I hate loving these cars so much, they just spend my money so easily!
Old 01-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Senior Members

OMG - Imola Red is my FAVORITE BMW color. I hope we get to see it on the US 5er again.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:12 PM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

Aerodynamic pack and Anthracite headliner as part of the 535i ZSP ... please BMWNA ...
Old 01-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

USA needs the full color spectrum including all previously mentioned

PLUS

Barbera Red

anyone worldwide have pics ?
Old 01-19-2008, 06:14 AM
Members

No news on these new packages in the UK yet, just an offer of Business Navigation plus 6 CD changer for just ?350, but this applies to the 520d models ONLY.

Quick Reply: New Colors & Packages Available In Europe