E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New Car - Nice Day!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d Sport Auto (Steptronic), Carbon Black, Aubern Dakota Leather, Media Pack (Bluetooth, ProNav, 6 CD Changer)

New 525d Sport is here, and I'm impressed so far (still working my way through the manual!). Pro Nav is excellent (been getting me around the outskirts of London this afternoon). Slightly noisier than I expected when accelerating but soon quietens down.

Like the Aubern/ Carbon Black combo.

Quick question and I know I've seen it mentioned here before (I'll do a search in a minute) but I've paired my Nokia 6310i and it all works fine except the text message facilty doesn't work. I hear the phone bleep but the envelope icon doesn't come up on the display screen, although my phone treats it as if its been read i.e. the envelope icon does not appear on the phone either. Any ideas?

Didn't get time for pictures today and I will have to wait for her first clean as the snow/ sleet/ slush combined with London grime has temporarily spoiled her complexion already.........
Old 03-01-2005, 03:23 PM
Contributors

welcome wilko61

sounds nice, good luck and do post some pixxxx
Old 03-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Welcome wilko61 !

Pls do post some pictures here.. i'm in love with the m-tech..
Old 03-02-2005, 01:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wilko61' date='Mar 1 2005, 11:33 PM
Slightly noisier than I expected when accelerating but soon quietens down.
Indeed, giving the diesel some stick raises the volume noticeably, but I find it a pleasant sound - very meaty!

However, normal day-to-day driving you're hard pressed to tell it's a diesel really.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by wilko61' date='Mar 1 2005, 06:33 PM
New 525d Sport is here, and I'm impressed so far (still working my way through the manual!). Pro Nav is excellent (been getting me around the outskirts of London this afternoon). Slightly noisier than I expected when accelerating but soon quietens down.

Quick question and I know I've seen it mentioned here before (I'll do a search in a minute) but I've paired my Nokia 6310i and it all works fine except the text message facilty doesn't work. I hear the phone bleep but the envelope icon doesn't come up on the display screen, although my phone treats it as if its been read i.e. the envelope icon does not appear on the phone either. Any ideas?

Didn't get time for pictures today and I will have to wait for her first clean as the snow/ sleet/ slush combined with London grime has temporarily spoiled her complexion already.........
[snapback]95810[/snapback]
Is that right you can send and receive text messages via BT/I-drive? Does the message text come up on the screen? I can't with sat nav bus so is it a new thing?
Old 03-02-2005, 01:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Mar 2 2005, 10:33 AM
Is that right you can send and receive text messages via BT/I-drive? Does the message text come up on the screen? I can't with sat nav bus so is it a new thing?
[snapback]95956[/snapback]
yes apparently with the "right" phone you can read your SMS messages via the idrive screen etc etc. (if you have pro nav)
Old 03-02-2005, 08:20 AM
Contributors

Good luck with it and post some pics ASAP!!
Old 03-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='Mar 2 2005, 04:40 AM
[quote name='Merv the Derv' date='Mar 2 2005, 10:33 AM']Is that right you can send and receive text messages via BT/I-drive? Does the message text come up on the screen? I can't with sat nav bus so is it a new thing?
[snapback]95956[/snapback]
yes apparently with the "right" phone you can read your SMS messages via the idrive screen etc etc. (if you have pro nav)
[snapback]95957[/snapback]
[/quote]

SMS (as per BMW borchure) is not supported for the time being with BT in e60. So neither any handy nor BMW Prof phone can help there.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

Originally Posted by colejl' date='Mar 2 2005, 10:05 AM
[quote name='wilko61' date='Mar 1 2005, 11:33 PM']Slightly noisier than I expected when accelerating but soon quietens down.
Indeed, giving the diesel some stick raises the volume noticeably, but I find it a pleasant sound - very meaty!

However, normal day-to-day driving you're hard pressed to tell it's a diesel really.
[snapback]95952[/snapback]
[/quote]

Also the engine noise reduces greatly with miles. Mines at 19K miles and it very much quieter now than new.

Also - I have noticed that using some of the new premium diesels appear to reduce the engine noise somewhat - or that could be just wishful thinking. I would be interested in hearing others experiences.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

Originally Posted by wilko61' date='Mar 1 2005, 11:33 PM
[snapback]95810[/snapback]
Wilko - great colour combination !

Quick Reply: New Car - Nice Day!