E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
View Poll Results: Do you like this?
Wow super car, where can I sign up
9.27%
Looks good
25.83%
nope...I do not like it
39.07%
What the hell is that ugly thing?
25.83%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

The new BMW 5 series

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This has to be a stupid joke!
Old 05-18-2006, 10:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Oh my god. It's a big 3 series. Hope this will not be in production....
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Old 05-18-2006, 10:30 AM
das
Site Founders

My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Originally Posted by rodybmw' post='284290' date='May 18 2006, 01:01 PM
Let's wait and see the real pictures and even the real car before we judge. Most of the comments in the above posts sound exactly like those made by the disgruntled E39 owners on Roadfly who blasted the E60 when the first pictures came out.

Personally I don't think it will look exactly like these pictures.
LOL, rody, I was just thinking the EXACT same thing.

Every time any new BMW model or facelift comes out, there's an ever-increasing number of people all decrying how ugly it is, how they're going to buy the current model before it's replaced, how the front looks like <insert crappy car here> or the back looks like <insert crappy car here>, or how the lights look Japanese/Korean/etc., how BMW has lost its way, etc etc etc.

It's quite humorous, really. ;-)
Old 05-18-2006, 10:31 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 E60 Bi-Fuel Business Navigation Park distance control Sunroof extended airco with armrest 18" M5 rims with Runflats xbox with 2 headrests LCD front LCD video enabled Detachable towbar Alarm anti-blind rearview mirror Adaptive Xenon Bluetooth carkit Garage door opener integrated Headlight cleaning system Seat heating front

Originally Posted by Justin' post='284266' date='May 18 2006, 12:00 PM
Look at the numberplate? is this a joke? "M FU 4423" = "Mother Fucker 4423"?
Old 05-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by rodybmw' post='284290' date='May 18 2006, 11:01 AM
Let's wait and see the real pictures and even the real car before we judge. Most of the comments in the above posts sound exactly like those made by the disgruntled E39 owners on Roadfly who blasted the E60 when the first pictures came out.

Totally agree with you on the first point - although personally I actually quite like this rendering so I wouldn't be too distraught if it turns out to be close to the real thing.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by rodybmw' post='284290' date='May 18 2006, 11:01 AM

Totally agree with you on the first point - although personally I actually quite like this rendering so I wouldn't be too distraught if it turns out to be close to the real thing.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan' post='284274' date='May 18 2006, 10:13 AM
Is this the refresh?????

CVT Benhogan
I think the rear has a lot in common with the Toyota and Hyundai as well.. Sad, very said, if it is true though.
This Lexus IS is a perfect example. Take a look primarily at the lines of the break lights. I dunno, I'm glad I have what I have I guess.
Attached Thumbnails The new BMW 5 series-imgview.jpg  
Old 05-18-2006, 11:08 AM
das
Site Founders

My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

These comparisons are ridiculous.

The back of the E39 looks like an Acura Legend, the front of E39 looks like a Ford Taurus, the lights on the back of E60 looks like a Kia, and the front of the E60 looks like a Pontiac Grand Prix.

Everyone can say something "looks like" something else all day long. And you know what? All of these things are "right" to a certain extent. No one, psychologically, wants to let go of something they have a lot of time, emotion, money, etc., invested in.

The fact of the matter is - and I don't even know if these pictures are anywhere near real or not - this is no better or worse than anything I've ever seen from BMW in recent years, looking at it objectively. The funny thing is, and let's just say this is the facelift for a second, 75% of the hardcore enthusiasts complaining about it now will own one in 3 years.

I've seen it happen so many times its ridiculous. ;-)

Maybe I'm a bad example (as you can see, I've had no problems going through 4 generations of 5 Series), but all of these cars have their plusses and minuses, kickass features and annoyances. I just think it's funny how much this sounds *exactly* like the E39 guys whining and complaining about E60, how UGLY it was, how Bangle would be the downfall of BMW, how they were never going to buy another BMW, and on and on.

But in the end, we buy these cars for one reason: because they're the ultimate driving machine, period.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Senior Members

Smile

Originally Posted by das' post='284324' date='May 18 2006, 10:08 PM
These comparisons are ridiculous.

The back of the E39 looks like an Acura Legend, the front of E39 looks like a Ford Taurus, the lights on the back of E60 looks like a Kia, and the front of the E60 looks like a Pontiac Grand Prix.

Everyone can say something "looks like" something else all day long. And you know what? All of these things are "right" to a certain extent. No one, psychologically, wants to let go of something they have a lot of time, emotion, money, etc., invested in.

The fact of the matter is - and I don't even know if these pictures are anywhere near real or not - this is no better or worse than anything I've ever seen from BMW in recent years, looking at it objectively. The funny thing is, and let's just say this is the facelift for a second, 75% of the hardcore enthusiasts complaining about it now will own one in 3 years.

I've seen it happen so many times its ridiculous. ;-)

Maybe I'm a bad example (as you can see, I've had no problems going through 4 generations of 5 Series), but all of these cars have their plusses and minuses, kickass features and annoyances. I just think it's funny how much this sounds *exactly* like the E39 guys whining and complaining about E60, how UGLY it was, how Bangle would be the downfall of BMW, how they were never going to buy another BMW, and on and on.
I agree with our admin. In fact this whole thing is so ridiculous that this poll shouldn't have been made in the first place, a poll with some crazy photoshop pics, not real ones. It's very annoying that alot of members here start to compare the looks of every bmw with....everything like das pointed earlier. I voted though for ugly cuz imo it's just a step back BUT it's by far the earliest time to draw conclusions based on some 2 crazy pics. It's just childish imo...
Old 05-18-2006, 11:34 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 525DSE Auto Olivin

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='284325' date='May 18 2006, 08:14 PM
I agree with our admin. In fact this whole thing is so ridiculous that this poll shouldn't have been made in the first place, a poll with some crazy photoshop pics, not real ones. It's very annoying that alot of members here start to compare the looks of every bmw with....everything like das pointed earlier. I voted though for ugly cuz imo it's just a step back BUT it's by far the earliest time to draw conclusions based on some 2 crazy pics. It's just childish imo...

Spot on, these magasines have a habit of producing photoshop renditions from spy shots of disguised vehicles and bury the words "our interpretation on the looks" deep in the article. Lets wait to see the real thing in the fleash from all angles.

Quick Reply: The new BMW 5 series