E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New Battery and Hyper Voltage System GT E60

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010 | 05:41 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i Silver Gray Metallic

Took out 5 years old OEM battery, the light in the battery was off. so it couildnt even tell it was undercharged. LOL

Put in a Werker 95R. 850 CCA, same Spec as original, same size too. http://www.batteriesplus.com/product...-SLI95RH9.aspx Costed $200+ But i think it is the best available!!!

Here is a DIY in pictures from another user. http://www.flickr.com/photos/debbiea...7612417073268/

I also installed a Voltage Performance Device.
This is the Sun HYPER VOLTAGE SYSTEM GT Installed into my 545i, Should be same as installing in any E60. It came with 3 terminals, 1 to Positive, 1 to Negative, and 1 extra to ground the chassis.

I feel the car start up better, Idles better, and acceleration feels more instant and less Lag, and no more audio interference at all. I left the car playing music, in high volume for a long period, and car started like it should without any extra effort.
Attached Thumbnails New Battery and Hyper Voltage System GT  E60-img_01141.jpg   New Battery and Hyper Voltage System GT  E60-img_01191.jpg  
Old 05-06-2010 | 12:41 PM
Members

Old 05-06-2010 | 12:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Looks like a nice clean Job, congrats. Where can we get more info on the GT Systems you installed? Was there a specific need for it, like a high powered stereo? Curious, because I have a sub in the trunk now, but I am thinking of getting 2 and going with a bigger amp.
Old 05-06-2010 | 04:04 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i sport, stick, L7, sat, nav. Charcoal/ runflat/ cdv delete. Suede headliner/ trunk, 3 way front speakers, four 8" subs in rear shelf, ACM, iPod dock in ash tray using gateway 500 with MP3 text and video on screen, MRTM aluminum pedals/ door pins, 10 farad cap, sound processor, line conditioner, 2 amps ( 4x100 and 2x200)

I would like to see the math equation supporting those claims before I would buy one.
Old 05-07-2010 | 02:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
Looks like a nice clean Job, congrats. Where can we get more info on the GT Systems you installed? Was there a specific need for it, like a high powered stereo? Curious, because I have a sub in the trunk now, but I am thinking of getting 2 and going with a bigger amp.
I dont have any stereo other than the stock Logic 7.

Originally Posted by methodsound
I would like to see the math equation supporting those claims before I would buy one.
Check their online website. Many modders have added this underestimated performance unit.

AFAIK, it doesnt store any electricity, it regulates the Voltage since our battery Voltage fluctuates a lot when turning AC, Radio, sudden Acceleration, anything that uses car's battery will affect its voltage, either when turning on or off, so this thing should do its work by regulating that.

I might add a few Capacitors to aid it. I think they are great things people forget.

Do your research if you are unsure, but this is 10000% better than people who spend the same $ for a sprint booster, which only floors the pedal when you press half. lol
Old 05-07-2010 | 07:42 PM
Members

My Ride: '06 Honda Civic EX

Originally Posted by estchen
I might add a few Capacitors to aid it. I think they are great things people forget.
That unit isn't big enough for _any_ useful caps. If you really want to do this correctly, use the biggest 25v 1000uF cap. you can find.
Old 05-08-2010 | 03:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by JBird
That unit isn't big enough for _any_ useful caps. If you really want to do this correctly, use the biggest 25v 1000uF cap. you can find.
Why 1000uF???? What energy can you store in such small capacity?
Old 05-08-2010 | 06:30 AM
Contributors

how does the battery have ANYTHING to do with acceleration!!?!?
Old 05-08-2010 | 06:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Howitzer
how does the battery have ANYTHING to do with acceleration!!?!?

Maybe cause the vehicle spark firing is electric??? And when u rev up it definitively adds load to electricity source.

Check their website or website with reviews of other modders.

I saw others do it in their modded cars, mostly 350z, is350 g35 among others. This eoduct has been kn the market for years, actually I bought my unit back in 2008 but never installed in my previous car.(lazy)
Old 05-08-2010 | 08:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

I looked at a couple of web sites that offer this Sun HYPER VOLTAGE SYSTEM GT gizmo for sale. I could not get a rational explanation of how it worked or how it actually contributed to a performance improvement, but gee it sure does look cool with those huge monster style cables and pretty aluminum case. It seems to me to be another one of those thingys that don't really do much of anything useful and rely on placebo effect. Kind of like that Tornado Turbulator device that you put in your air intake to whirl the air as it enters the throttle body. Can anyone offer some hard evidence that this device does actually does anything useful and exactly how it does it?

Quick Reply: New Battery and Hyper Voltage System GT E60