E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New 535d SE on order ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, after some 4 years of driving a 530d, i've bitten the bullet and placed an order for brand-spanking new 535d SE

I wanted to put the options I've ordered on my signature, but having spent an age trying to find out how, I've given up (and if anyone knows how, feel free to explain or point me in the right direction).

Options: Visibility Pack (Z5K), Media Pack (Z5P), Sports Transmission (2T, Auto-Dimming/Folding mirrors (430), Extended Lights (563), High-beam Assist (5AC), HUD (610), Logic7 (677) & USB Interface (6FL) in Deep Sea Blue with Cream Beige leather and high-gloss black interior trim.

Options I considered (and I have until 17:30 tomorrow to decide): Comfort Seats (456), Comfort Access (322) & Soft Closing (323) OR Electric Seats (459). Any one got any comments on those or something I may have missed or should consider ?

I did consider the Service & Maintenance pack, but the impression that I get (backed up, in some way, by the experience I've had with the current 530d) is that I'm unlikely to get back the full benefit of doing so. Insuring my tyres may be a better way to spend my money
Old 02-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 535d MSport ; Retired at 110,000 miles October 2010: 2010 535d MSport; Space Grey/Black Dakota, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam assistant, Prof. Nav, Voice Control,SAT, Adaptive Drive, Powered boot, Comfort Access, Climate Comfort W/Screen, Surround View, Side/Rear Sunblinds, Comfort Seats, HUD, Active Cruise, TV, Prof Loudspeaker, Night Vision, Lane Change warning, 4-Zone A/C, split rear seats, Speed Limit Display
Great choice of car...but then I'm biased...

I'd strongly recommend the comfort seats - much more comfortable than standard, and you get seat heating thrown in - and comfort access. Whener I have a loan car from the dealer for service, it drives me mad when I have to find the key block, plug it in etc etc.

The other two things I found really made a good car even better was changing the runflats to standrd tyres ( you then need a spacesaver sapre, there's a space in the boot for it ), and getting DMS Automotive to fettle the Engine Management

Whatever you decide on, enjoy
Old 02-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Members

A DMS tweak is on the cards at some pint in the future I *do* like the comfort seats (especially as they have the electric seats and kerbside gubbins thrown in). But it's 1370 quid ...
Old 02-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530iA 04

I think best color for e60 is SpaceGrey on 123 wheels (590) with SportsSuspensionSettings (226) or LeMansBlue (for M-pack) on 172M wheels (2NN) and CreamBeige /Black+ high-gloss black interior trim and dont forget a DynamicDrive (229) of course, its worth it. And if you not the only one driver then MemorySeats (459) is "must have"
Old 02-19-2008, 12:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 535D, Mystic Blue with Black Exclusive Leather; Active Steering | Comfort Seats | Dark Poplar Wood | Front & Rear Seat Heating | Head-up Display | Headlamp Washers | Logic 7 | High Beam Assist | Media Package | Rear Electric Blind | Sun Protection Glass | Visibility Package

Here is another vote for comfort seats. I had BMW sport seats in my old 330Cd and they were a huge step up from the regular seats, but the comfort seats in my 535d are in a different league altogether. They've been called the best car seats ever by some parties, and for good reason.

Even if you finally decide not to go for comfort seats (they are expensive, but worth it IMHO), make sure you get front seat heating.. It makes a big difference on frosty mornings such as the ones we've been having this last week.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:12 AM
Members

My Ride: MY08 525i, platinum grey, black dakota leather, black trim, sunroof, HUD, bluetooth, TV, phone, 70% tint

Sounds great. Does your visibility pack include HUD? If not, its worth thinking about as the HUD and navigation are sensational. Worth every cent.

I note that a lot of you Brits choose the black high gloss trim - it looks so much more modern than the poplar wood trim. Why would anyone want to put wood inside a technological masterpiece? In a Merc or Roller I can understand, but in an E60? They should limit the choice to black high gloss, aluminium or carbon fibre for the interior trim.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:00 AM
Members

I went for the Comfort Seats in the end..... Bread & Water for the next 4 years me thinks
Old 02-19-2008, 02:02 AM
Members

I have opted for HUD but it's not part of the Visibility package (or any of the "packages" in the UK). I specifically didn't want wood because ... welll ... that high-gloss effect makes it look ... well ... cheap. I just prefer the look the piano-black gloss.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:39 AM
Members

Very nice choice mate, will look forward in seeing the pictures.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Black E60 530i

Originally Posted by cloz' post='533032' date='Feb 19 2008, 07:00 AM
I went for the Comfort Seats in the end..... Bread & Water for the next 4 years me thinks
Bread & Water & Great Car

Quick Reply: New 535d SE on order ...