E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New 2008 528i owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BSLNoel
Helluva car for that price.
I'm happy with the price. They had it listed for $29,900 at the BMW dealership. $25K is more than I intended to spend on the new car (wanted to keep it around $22K) but once my wife and I took this for a test drive it was all over. I am serious when I say it is in new condition.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by notopm3
$25K, plus California taxes.
That's a steal! I paid $29700 for mine. Exact same year and model but mine had 44k miles on it. I would gladly save $4700 for an extra 5k mile difference. Nice going ! I wanted to ask because I know we'll get future buyers looking for fair market price on these cars. This will give them an idea of what they can ask for. Did it come with anything extra like Nav?
Old 04-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Members

I paid almost $32k for my 09 with ~23k on the clock (premium, cold weather, nav...)a couple of months ago. I had ZERO bargaining room since I flew some 1300+ miles to get it. I looked everywhere for a 528i manual fresh off of a lease and could not find one (didn't want black exterior). I got a bit desperate after learning about them discontinuing the naturally aspirated I6 manual. I had that setup in an E12 (first 5 series) and swore I would buy it again. Once I figured out that the '2009' leases were about all in I started to panic.

I could not be more happy with the car. Like you though, it's my wife's car.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Originally Posted by notopm3
Just picked up a mint 2008 528i at the local BMW dealership. When I say mint, I mean that had this car been parked on the new car lot I would not have known it was used. Previous owner took VERY good care of her. This is my 5th BMW. I've owned three 325's in the past and my other current car is a 99 M3 convertible. All I can say is that I am in love with this car. It has 49,000 miles on it and the dealer threw in an additional 12 month/12,000 mile original bumper-to-bumper warranty (so I'm completely covered till about 61,000 miles including maintenance). I even get free weekly car washes! The car is actually for my wife, and I am jealous that she gets to drive it every day. My M3 is downright uncomfortable by comparison. My only complaint so far is that the radio reception is pretty bad and that I don't get to drive it as much as I would like. Here's a picture. The interior is dark tan leather with wood trim and black carpet. Absolutely beautiful and 100% spotless. If you sat in it you would think the car is new. I'm looking forward to learning more about the car from you good folks here.

Congrats & Welcome!! Be careful of the free dealership washes. Depending if they wash it by hand or not. If they don't wash it by hand and send it through a machine, swirl marks occur. Any MODs in the near future?
Old 04-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by deltabox
That's a steal! I paid $29700 for mine. Exact same year and model but mine had 44k miles on it. I would gladly save $4700 for an extra 5k mile difference. Nice going ! I wanted to ask because I know we'll get future buyers looking for fair market price on these cars. This will give them an idea of what they can ask for. Did it come with anything extra like Nav?
It's pretty loaded. It has the navigation. The dealer threw in an extended 12 month/12,000 mile original bumper-to-bumper warranty as well. Same coverage as the 50,000 mile warranty. Even includes maintenance. That was huge for me. BMW of Escondido was a pleasure doing business with. We looked at some 5's at the local CarMax and they were not nearly as nice and their prices were a bit high and non-negotiable.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by wtlb
Congrats & Welcome!! Be careful of the free dealership washes. Depending if they wash it by hand or not. If they don't wash it by hand and send it through a machine, swirl marks occur. Any MODs in the near future?
I was a little suspicious of "free" dealership carwashes, but they did a fantastic job last weekend. Dropped it off, hung out in the lounge for 30 minutes and it was done. I think the local dealership is under new management because their service is WAY better that it was last time I dealt with them with my M3.

No mods planned. It's my wife's car and she doesn't need to go any faster. If there was something to do to boost the MPG I would be interested.