E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New 2008 528i owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BSLNoel
I wonder what design changes they introduced between the MY08 and MY09? I have a Jan 09 build and my windshield sprayer nozzles (yours look black?) and front plate holder are body color and I have different factory rims. Strange they updated a post LCI model.
What is a LCI model? My sprayer nozzles are black.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Navy 550I

Good for you kiid!! enjoy!!
Old 04-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Members

LCI (Life Cycle Impulse) refers to the update they did on the E60.

This LCI model included a facelift of the front and rear end of the vehicle. This update included a new front bumper, fog lights, headlights, tail lights and trunk. The interior was also slightly remodelled as well. Besides these changes, the 5 Series gained new engines, transmission and an updated iDrive from the BMW X5.
The MY08 is LCI, I just wonder why the differences to the Jan 09 build? Sprayers being body color isn't a big deal, I just wonder why they did it?

My wheels are factory and there is no sports package on the vehicle.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by notopm3
What is a LCI model? My sprayer nozzles are black.
LCI = Life Cycle Impulse, BMW's way of saying they are updating the current model. Cars 2004-2007 (US) are Pre-LCI and cars 2008-2010 are LCI cars - like yours.

My spray nozzles are black as well, and my license plate holder is body colored. So it's not an LCI/Pre-LCI thing, I suspect it's dealer preference. I have a Pre-LCI car
Old 04-03-2012, 06:16 AM
Members

My Ride: '08 528i, Premium, Nav, heated seats, iPod, Xenon

Congratulations!! I'm sure you and your wife will get a lot of years of enjoyment out of your E60. I know I look forward to driving mine every day!

Jim
Old 04-03-2012, 07:41 AM
New Members

Since this is my wife's car, I doubt I'll be doing any mods. She likes this car just the way it is. Well, we did add tinted windows the other day, I guess that's a "mod".

Any suggestions on the radio issue?
I had on '08 528 and had a radio issue. Sat worked fine, as did FM. But AM was terrible (listen to AM for sportstalk and traffic). Scratchy, very low fidelity (even for AM). Haven't heard that poor AM since i listened to transistor radios in the 60s. Had it in to BMW on several occasions. They suspected it was some interference issue with the factory NAV. They did some sort of software update that didn't help. The third time in I had the service supervisor sit in my car and listen to it. He said "that's the way AM is supposed to sound". I told him I've been listening to AM in cars for a very long time (even 2 other BMWs) and this isn't the way it's supposed to sound. He said there was nothing he could do. Haven't had the problem before or since on other cars. Hope you have better luck, assuming the symptoms are the same.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Members

Originally Posted by andyboy
I had on '08 528 and had a radio issue. Sat worked fine, as did FM. But AM was terrible (listen to AM for sportstalk and traffic). Scratchy, very low fidelity (even for AM). Haven't heard that poor AM since i listened to transistor radios in the 60s. Had it in to BMW on several occasions. They suspected it was some interference issue with the factory NAV. They did some sort of software update that didn't help. The third time in I had the service supervisor sit in my car and listen to it. He said "that's the way AM is supposed to sound". I told him I've been listening to AM in cars for a very long time (even 2 other BMWs) and this isn't the way it's supposed to sound. He said there was nothing he could do. Haven't had the problem before or since on other cars. Hope you have better luck, assuming the symptoms are the same.
It's my FM reception that is bad. I keep losing local FM stations that come in perfectly on my other cars.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:17 AM
Members

What did you get the car for out the door price, if you don't mind telling us?
Old 04-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by deltabox
What did you get the car for out the door price, if you don't mind telling us?
$25K, plus California taxes.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Members

$25K, plus California taxes.

Helluva car for that price.

Quick Reply: New 2008 528i owner