E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New 19" rims-pics- before and after shots

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

audi a6 4.2ish....but overall I like them.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Members

actually i find this rims classy(but i have to agree they have an audi thing,that was my first thought when i saw em), the thing is most of the guys here are after a sportier and more agresive look, the only think id dare to recommend are spacers in the back and some alignment on the doors because theres something going on between the chrome of the front door and the one of the back door, i think any shop can solve this) and as some guys stated:its your car, is your taste and i think is nice, just because most of the people here are after a sportier look doesnt mean that your preferences are wrong, for example imagine a forum when most of the people are old, try putting some aftermarket wheels or accesories and you are in for a very long and unpleasant ride, or try talking about the advantages of a 3 series on a mercedes forum , for example i love the chrome around the windows and at the front kidneys and ive noted that most car companies charge u extra money for this option(even cheaper bmws like the 316i or 318i come with black window trims-ok, not glossy but who can tell from the distance?)so i dont like those gloss black trims as much as i like the chrome ones and ill stick to my preferences until i decide to change my mind not until someone else criticize me. so good choice, very classy and stick to it even tought most people here dont share your ideas
Old 09-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

Whilst the wheels are not my cup of tea I think the car could work better if you lowered it a little and got the glass done in the privacy style, then also add the Chrome wheel arches and Chrome door mirror backings to finish it off.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey they definetly get attention because those are one of the wheels that look an inch bigger than they are, just like big lips look an inch less than they are-so looks like you went to 20s.

Reminds me of a Gangsta mobile rollin with those on an old impala-but that is from my eye.

I also think other members such as the guy with the white painted lips and the guy with the e39 125's that look like they are old generation wheels on a new car-look ridiculous to me-but they each love them-

Also chrome is very personal-some people love it or hate it. It depends on me for the car. I dont mind chrome wheels on a sports car but the mix of chrome and flat silver dont seem to match.

I think if you got rid of the chrome on your body it may go well.

Enjoy man-I love getting new things for the car and enjoying them! Good call on the new 7 wheels-see you are before anyonee's time with those things-you are trend setter not a sheep
Old 09-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by nemex12' post='1010711' date='Sep 17 2009, 11:36 PM
actually i find this rims classy(but i have to agree they have an audi thing,that was my first thought when i saw em), the thing is most of the guys here are after a sportier and more agresive look, the only think id dare to recommend are spacers in the back and some alignment on the doors because theres something going on between the chrome of the front door and the one of the back door, i think any shop can solve this) and as some guys stated:its your car, is your taste and i think is nice, just because most of the people here are after a sportier look doesnt mean that your preferences are wrong, for example imagine a forum when most of the people are old, try putting some aftermarket wheels or accesories and you are in for a very long and unpleasant ride, or try talking about the advantages of a 3 series on a mercedes forum , for example i love the chrome around the windows and at the front kidneys and ive noted that most car companies charge u extra money for this option(even cheaper bmws like the 316i or 318i come with black window trims-ok, not glossy but who can tell from the distance?)so i dont like those gloss black trims as much as i like the chrome ones and ill stick to my preferences until i decide to change my mind not until someone else criticize me. so good choice, very classy and stick to it even tought most people here dont share your ideas
Imagine a forum where experienced, lifetime BMW owners share their passion, knowledge, and experience. Ohhh.... you found it! You can express your cheesy love for chrome all you want... you just won't find many supporters here.. but welcome all!

And please turn down the font!! We see and hear you dawg.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 525i Black Sapphire Metalic/Auburn Interior, Sports Package, Premium Package, Side and Rear Sun Blinds, Bluetooth with IPhone connected.

"ENVY" emblem is all thats need. (inside joke) lol. Sorry not my style.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Silver BMW 525i, loaded w/o Nav 2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, loaded w/o Nav

There's nothing wrong with chrome- as long as you don't over-chrome. Example- if you do the door handles, don't do the door/window trim.. It's kinda like having a beard and a full head of hair, or being bald headed and clean shaven... You gott break it up a little... Bald head & goatee or beard = OK, full head of hair & clean shaven = OK. Anything else, and you lose your metrosexual appeal.

BMW's are very Metrosexual. Over do it, and it's becomes cheesy & cheap looking- even on a bimmer.
Around here, it seems the unspoken addage is, "less [chrome] is more". But, if you like chrome- chrome it up.

Now, the gold package.. :thumbsdown: That hasn't looked good since 1994.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Members

HOW CAN YOU BE HAPPY WHEN YOUR 5 SERIES LOOKS SAD??? :thumbsdown: WOW.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

sorry bro, not feeling them. too many spokes, and too flat.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by bighersh' post='1011564' date='Sep 19 2009, 01:05 AM
There's nothing wrong with chrome- as long as you don't over-chrome. Example- if you do the door handles, don't do the door/window trim.. It's kinda like having a beard and a full head of hair, or being bald headed and clean shaven... You gott break it up a little... Bald head & goatee or beard = OK, full head of hair & clean shaven = OK. Anything else, and you lose your metrosexual appeal.

BMW's are very Metrosexual. Over do it, and it's becomes cheesy & cheap looking- even on a bimmer.
Around here, it seems the unspoken addage is, "less [chrome] is more". But, if you like chrome- chrome it up.

Now, the gold package.. :thumbsdown: That hasn't looked good since 1994.

Quick Reply: New 19" rims-pics- before and after shots