E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need your help...Did you own my car before I did?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 06:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All-

I'm looking to do some detective work here and hopefully the prior owner of my car is on this board. I recently purchased my '04 Orient Blue 545i SMG, here in Northern VA. It appears as the car was owned by an enthusiast prior to coming into my hands (Charcoal filter was removed, windows were once tinted, a tap and cut spade were on the green/yellow wire by sunroof controls ...I assume for a hardwired RD). The car had two prior owners...It was originally sold/leased in Charlottesville VA to someone with the last name Hartaty, and then here in No Va (in Alexandria) to someone with the last name Villaroel. The car is running flawlessly (If you are on the board, thanks for taking such good care of it!). Im curious what, if any, other mods were done to the car (ECU reflash, Sprint booster, etc...). If you are on the board, could you please PM me?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-16-2008, 10:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 Porsche 911 c2s, 01 BMW 740il, 05 BMW 525i, 06 Acura TSX navi

i am in NOVA. but no did not own the car. there are zillion e60s in the area.
hit me up if u want to meet up.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by Axeman' post='670532' date='Sep 16 2008, 10:42 AM
Hi All-

I'm looking to do some detective work here and hopefully the prior owner of my car is on this board. I recently purchased my '04 Orient Blue 545i SMG, here in Northern VA. It appears as the car was owned by an enthusiast prior to coming into my hands (Charcoal filter was removed, windows were once tinted, a tap and cut spade were on the green/yellow wire by sunroof controls ...I assume for a hardwired RD). The car had two prior owners...It was originally sold/leased in Charlottesville VA to someone with the last name Hartaty, and then here in No Va (in Alexandria) to someone with the last name Villaroel. The car is running flawlessly (If you are on the board, thanks for taking such good care of it!). Im curious what, if any, other mods were done to the car (ECU reflash, Sprint booster, etc...). If you are on the board, could you please PM me?

Thanks in advance!
May I suggest you post the VIN number? This may get you the answer you're looking for.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Axeman' post='670532' date='Sep 16 2008, 10:42 AM
Hi All-

Thanks in advance!
I have a suggestion for how you might track this person down. In NC where I'm from we (vehicle dealers) have the ability to call the DMV, give them a VIN, and find out contact information for people who have appeared on the title to the car. If you are buds with anyone at any type of dealership, have them call the DMV for you and get that info. Then have them call the person on your behalf and ask if that person would be willing to speak with you. That way they aren't giving you confidential info.

Good luck
Old 09-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I want to follow this thread. If you reconnect with the owner, we should consider writing a script about this car and taking the story to Hollywood and selling it. LOL!
Old 09-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bimmerlust' post='670875' date='Sep 16 2008, 06:49 PM
I have a suggestion for how you might track this person down. In NC where I'm from we (vehicle dealers) have the ability to call the DMV, give them a VIN, and find out contact information for people who have appeared on the title to the car. If you are buds with anyone at any type of dealership, have them call the DMV for you and get that info. Then have them call the person on your behalf and ask if that person would be willing to speak with you. That way they aren't giving you confidential info.

Good luck
i manage a dealer ship.. i could help you out if you want... just need the vin#....
Old 09-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

If any of you wack jobs call me at home, I'm moving. Hahahaha!