E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so today i went down to my local dealer(not bmw dealer) and looked at a 2004 545i premium package orient blue and sort of tan leather with ac seats ,logic 7, pdc, and other stuff. but the thing is its not a sports package. but if i get it i would probably upgrade it to a M-package. um but what i really want you guys to help me out with is that the dealer said it has no navi in it. he said you have to get a software upgrade or somethin like that. it does have the idrive but how much would it be to get the navi to work? and also what do you guys think of the color combo? anyone own a E60 in that combo?
Old 02-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Contributors

I traded my Orient Blue 740i/Tan ('01) for my Monaco Blue w/Tan '07 530xi. I like that Dark Blue / lighter interior color combination! I've seen some w/light gray interior but tan seems to look better. The lighter blue (Deep Sea Blue) was too light to suit me.

Id really like to see BMW offer the 5 in the Barbera Red (the 3, 6 & 7 are available in that color). That would look sharp. But maybe there isn't enough demand? Maybe BMW Individual ??

As for NAV only requiring s/w ... I think not. It's more involved than that. You sales advisor must be green. You can have a BMW service department run the VIN and print out every option the car is equipped with. That's a must IMHO.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xiT (E61) Black Sapphire / Black Leather / bamboo. Steptronic, Full Aero Kit, 35% Tints. 18" Run Flats. All the goodies short of Active Cruise, Comfort Access and the safty options. 2002 BMW R1150R. Red, Corbin, PIAAs, Fiamm,

Originally Posted by denisemichel' post='529396' date='Feb 9 2008, 10:22 PM
so today i went down to my local dealer(not bmw dealer) and looked at a 2004 545i premium package orient blue and sort of tan leather with ac seats ,logic 7, pdc, and other stuff. but the thing is its not a sports package. but if i get it i would probably upgrade it to a M-package. um but what i really want you guys to help me out with is that the dealer said it has no navi in it. he said you have to get a software upgrade or somethin like that. it does have the idrive but how much would it be to get the navi to work? and also what do you guys think of the color combo? anyone own a E60 in that combo?
I Cant be of any help to you at all on this. But I love your old ride.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:49 AM
Senior Members

If Nav is a requirement then it doesn't look like this is the right car for you.
Color combo is a personal choice matter.
I don't know where you're located but there should be others available with what options you want in it.