E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need help, I Just purchased a CPO 2008 535i and wheel is cracked

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 09:11 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last Friday I purchased a Certified Pre-Owned 2008 535i and I just figured out that the back right wheel has a crack in it. The tire sensor came on so I took it to the dealer and they took a look at it and told me the wheel was cracked. The dealer said that they would take care of getting a new wheel and that they would also have it chromed as my other wheels are chrome. The dealer agreed that the new chromed wheel would probably not match properly so they offered to have them powder coated black. I was happy with that idea and so the wheels were sent of to be powder coated only to then be told that they could not be powder coated unless the chrome was stripped off first as there were a few marks in the rims from the previous owner. I told them to then just give me the money for the rim and chrome and I would just get some replica wheels, but it sounds like they may only give me $500-550 for it. I am trying to spend no money out of pocket and I feel like it is there problem to fix.

Does any one have any suggestions as to what I should do (raise hell at the dealership)? What I should demand? Or any other ideas?
It currently has 18" wheels with brand new run flats.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Contributors

this is retarded, they are going above and beyond to help you and you are abusing it by trying to demand more than a reasonable outcome

you are burning your bridges
Old 03-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

You have 30 days or so to return the car if you really want to. Your call. I think it's fair that they are giving you a new rim.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Just take the 500-550 bucks, and buy yourself a used set of wheels in the classifieds
Old 03-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
this is retarded, they are going above and beyond to help you and you are abusing it by trying to demand more than a reasonable outcome

+1. Seems the dealer is trying to work with you. Somebody here posted a link for a site that sells OEM BMW chrome wheels. Do a search. It's chrome, how much worse can it be if it doesn't match? I'm thinking chrome is chrome and it would match. If there were a few marks from the previous owner on the other wheels, I'm sure It's okay if you have 1 perfect chrome wheel.

BTW, that chrome wheel link was posted by member healthservices.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered

Originally Posted by balbs
+1. Seems the dealer is trying to work with you. Somebody here posted a link for a site that sells OEM BMW chrome wheels. Do a search. It's chrome, how much worse can it be if it doesn't match? I'm thinking chrome is chrome and it would match. If there were a few marks from the previous owner on the other wheels, I'm sure It's okay if you have 1 perfect chrome wheel.
So you two think y'all are different, huh?

Novice BMW owners panic - especially, when the old budgie is on the lower side. G-d know, I've been there.
Let him run the full circle and learn what he needs to learn on his own - otherwise, he'll always be a newB
Old 03-03-2011, 05:49 AM
New Members

Thanks for the perspectives. I think I am going to just take the money and see what I can do.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:51 AM
Members

Use the money to get the chrome wheels off your car.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:52 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by sahiljain22
You have 30 days or so to return the car if you really want to. Your call. I think it's fair that they are giving you a new rim.

Not in California you don't, vehicle purchases here have no "grace period"
Old 03-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

Take what they are offering - and smile, because I just had to shell out for a new rt rear 124! And ditch the chrome!

Quick Reply: Need help, I Just purchased a CPO 2008 535i and wheel is cracked