5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   NEED HELP FOR DIY... aux cable install on 2006 530i (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/need-help-diy-aux-cable-install-2006-530i-127117/)

turboawd 10-25-2012 05:03 PM

you need a cable and software to code your car. sounds like you dont have it. maybe find someone local to you.

John@Motorcepts 10-26-2012 12:42 PM

whwere r u located?

EricE60 10-28-2012 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by John@Motorcepts (Post 1475711)
whwere r u located?

im in los angeles California

Originally Posted by turboawd (Post 1475591)
you need a cable and software to code your car. sounds like you dont have it. maybe find someone local to you.

i called just about every stereo shop, they all said take it to the dealer, and one shop said 325$ but said all its just plug and play, but the point is i dont want to spend more than 150$ for just an aux, but if i have to then i guess i have no other choice

turboawd 10-28-2012 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by EricE60 (Post 1475880)
im in los angeles California

i called just about every stereo shop, they all said take it to the dealer, and one shop said 325$ but said all its just plug and play, but the point is i dont want to spend more than 150$ for just an aux, but if i have to then i guess i have no other choice

buy a usb cable, get software, and learn to do it yourself.

EricE60 10-28-2012 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by turboawd (Post 1475887)
buy a usb cable, get software, and learn to do it yourself.

thats the point i dont want a usb cable, usb cables = ipod connectors i want to listen to pandora and the only way you can listen to music off apps is with an AUX cable, which i have already found, instalation i have no problem, now the problem here is getting the software, in case you havent read, thats what i need, why repeat something over and over?

Cybernezz 10-28-2012 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by EricE60 (Post 1475889)
thats the point i dont want a usb cable, usb cables = ipod connectors i want to listen to pandora and the only way you can listen to music off apps is with an AUX cable, which i have already found, instalation i have no problem, now the problem here is getting the software, in case you havent read, thats what i need, why repeat something over and over?

Hey Eric, I think he means a OBD USB cable so you can program the car yourself - not a USB slot in the car.......

Hope that helps :)

AchtungE60 11-06-2012 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by EricE60 (Post 1475889)

This is easy. email the guys at euautohaus and tell them what you want to do. You can buy their kit and install and they'll code it for you. In the end you spend $150 or so but you will then learn the world of programming/flashing etc. that's how i started out.