E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need Help Deciding on Colors

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by IrishEyes' date='Aug 8 2005, 05:00 PM
Just a general question.

Does leather come standard on US spec E60's or does it come with cloth trim?
[snapback]157268[/snapback]

Leatherette is standard.

CVT Benhogan
Old 08-08-2005, 02:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan' date='Aug 8 2005, 11:02 PM
Leatherette is standard.?

CVT Benhogan
[snapback]157271[/snapback]
Hmmm.
I previously had a Silver-Grey with beige leather. I thought it was a great combo.
I changed within the last few weeks and I decided on the interior colour first and that in essence decided the exterior colour.

I didn't want an all black interior (too drab I thought) and I didn't want beige again. All grey is too cheap and all truffle is, well, all truffle.

Luckily, we can order amethyst in Ireland so that was that. It's a light-ish colour. The beauty here is that the carpets go anthracite, the door cappings, transmission tunnel and dash goes black and the headlining goes sky gray. The leather on the seats and door inserts go amethyst. I hadn't seen one before ordering so I was a tad apprehensive, however, I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. I then went sapphire black exterior. See here

What I was considering doing was black exterior and order with the standard grey cloth seats. With this, the carpets go anthracite, the door cappings, transmission tunnel and dash goes black, headlining goes sky grey and the door inserts and seats are grey cloth. Then order a beige leather upgrade kit which the dealer can fit afterwards. Here the seats and door inserts go beige. In Ireland, this costs the same price as ordering the leather from the factory. This would have given me the interior contrast I was looking for. Problem? I didn't want the sky grey headlining with the beige seats.

So, I'm wondering if the US dealers could order an amethyst kit to retrofit afterwards. Or any kit for that matter. If not maybe we could set up a supply chain for all those US customers who canot order amethyst.

I really liked the beige when I had it and couldn't say anything wrong against choosing it. However, I thought there was too much beige before I ordered and after looking at my current car, it may have been a bit too much 'in-yer-face-mate'. All beige I think might have been considered old. The amethyst combo looks somewhat more classy I think and probably more sporty.

Hope I haven't confused you too much but I have two photos of a MysticBlue/Beige sport E60.

Need Help Deciding on Colors-mystic_beige__0_.jpg

Need Help Deciding on Colors-mystic_beige__1_.jpg
Old 08-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Silver Grey/Black Interior/Light Pop Wood looks a million dollars IMHO
Attached Thumbnails Need Help Deciding on Colors-2005_0330image0009__small_.jpg  
Old 08-10-2005, 05:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

I would not worry about the Beige interior. It looks really nice, especially in the dash and doors and the leather seats are really easy to keep clean.

My 320Ci was Black metallic with beige interior. Problems to keep the outside clean but no problems with the interior!

But if you have small children and/or dogs and love mudwrestling but not showers, go for some darker interior color.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan' date='Aug 8 2005, 11:03 AM
Hi there,

Background

I need some help.? I'm planning on ED in Nov or Dec for a 550.? Right now, I'd? go Mystic Blue with Beige interior, but next week I might revert back to silv grey or white.? :'(? ? I'm fairly certain on the other options, leaving out L7, comfort seats, sunshades, and HUD.? HUD was hard to ditch, but the price increase and comfort access option made my decision.? ? ?

That said, the wait is starting to kill me.? And there seems to be a chance to get a great deal on a 545 right now.? There are at least 5 545 silv gry with black interiors in the Midwest right now fairly loaded.? There are also two in white with beige.? I think the interior looks better with beige, but the color doesn't seem to match well with many exterior colors.?

Questions

How is the upkeep on beige leather, particularly the seats and carpet?

Does black interior grow on you after awhile?? I mean it seems rather stark, although might look better with the interior dash lighting on.?

Can anyone share more pictures of the mystic blue with beige combo?? Its pretty darn rare, here in Chicago.? I'd love to check out a 545 with this combo in person.? If it rocked my boat, I'd would just wait for ED.

Lastly, if I cannot hold out, I'll shoot for a max of $1000 over invoice on the 545 with a money factor at .001 keeping the lease payment at around $750.? Sound reasonabe??

Thanks all

CVT Benhogan?
[snapback]157107[/snapback]
The Beige leather in the 5 series is the most difficult to keep clean I've ever experienced. I think it's because of the fairly deep grain in the leather. Any dirt first shows up on the surface, and the grain stays clean, making the dirt much more visible. A smoother leather would be much easier.

I'm getting white (silverstone) in my M5, so I really like the lighter interiors. I think it will be a little easier to maintain because it's smoother than the 545 leather. Maybe not - we'll see.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:56 AM
Senior Members

How about mystic/grey?

If you're going to get a 550, but need to ditch Logic 7 and comfort seats to afford it, buy a loaded 545. Those are probably the two best options available. A decent part of the 5-series experience involves comfort and sensory pleasures. If we all just wanted to mash on the gas and spin tires, I suspect we'd spend our 65k on a Z06 instead.

Just a thought.