E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need Help Deciding on Colors

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Hi there,

Background

I need some help. I'm planning on ED in Nov or Dec for a 550. Right now, I'd go Mystic Blue with Beige interior, but next week I might revert back to silv grey or white. :'( I'm fairly certain on the other options, leaving out L7, comfort seats, sunshades, and HUD. HUD was hard to ditch, but the price increase and comfort access option made my decision.

That said, the wait is starting to kill me. And there seems to be a chance to get a great deal on a 545 right now. There are at least 5 545 silv gry with black interiors in the Midwest right now fairly loaded. There are also two in white with beige. I think the interior looks better with beige, but the color doesn't seem to match well with many exterior colors.

Questions

How is the upkeep on beige leather, particularly the seats and carpet?

Does black interior grow on you after awhile? I mean it seems rather stark, although might look better with the interior dash lighting on.

Can anyone share more pictures of the mystic blue with beige combo? Its pretty darn rare, here in Chicago. I'd love to check out a 545 with this combo in person. If it rocked my boat, I'd would just wait for ED.

Lastly, if I cannot hold out, I'll shoot for a max of $1000 over invoice on the 545 with a money factor at .001 keeping the lease payment at around $750. Sound reasonabe?

Thanks all

CVT Benhogan
Old 08-08-2005, 09:08 AM
Senior Members

sounds good better than the guy who paid 836.00 amonth with 2300 US down, i like the beige its up keep is alittle more work than black but i love the rich feel it has. I clean my seats once every two weeks if needed otherwise i have the car washer do my carpets and seats when needed, its not bad, all my other bimmers have been black on black i like the Mystic blue and beige a nice change and i have yet to see another Mystic blue one out there....
Old 08-08-2005, 09:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,
Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan' date='Aug 8 2005, 06:03 PM
Hi there,

Background

I need some help.? I'm planning on ED in Nov or Dec for a 550.? Right now, I'd? go Mystic Blue with Beige interior, but next week I might revert back to silv grey or white.? :'(? ? I'm fairly certain on the other options, leaving out L7, comfort seats, sunshades, and HUD.? HUD was hard to ditch, but the price increase and comfort access option made my decision.? ? ?

That said, the wait is starting to kill me.? And there seems to be a chance to get a great deal on a 545 right now.? There are at least 5 545 silv gry with black interiors in the Midwest right now fairly loaded.? There are also two in white with beige.? I think the interior looks better with beige, but the color doesn't seem to match well with many exterior colors.?

Questions

Does black interior grow on you after awhile?? I mean it seems rather stark, although might look better with the interior dash lighting on.?

Can anyone share more pictures of the mystic blue with beige combo?? Its pretty darn rare, here in Chicago.? I'd love to check out 545 with this combo in person.? If it rocked my boat, I'd would just wait for ED.

Lastly, if I cannot hold out, I'll shoot for a max of $1000 over invoice on the 545 with a money factor at .001 keeping lease payment around $750.? Sound reasonabe??

Thanks all

CVT Benhogan?
[snapback]157107[/snapback]
check these, the beige leather is not a problem, see a stain remove it! I would advise black mats with the carpet though. Hope they help.
Attached Thumbnails Need Help Deciding on Colors-car_0007_edited.jpg   Need Help Deciding on Colors-car_0001_edited.jpg   Need Help Deciding on Colors-car_0013_edited.jpg  
Old 08-08-2005, 10:12 AM
Contributors

Mystic Blue with beige interior would look outstanding! I concur with the black mats too. If you are leasing then you don't have to worry much about the resale value of a unique color combination either.

Yes, there are a few 545s left on dealer lots around Chicago. I know it's tempting. Tough call too as the leasing deal would be a great value. If you are buying the car I would say wait for the 550, but on a lease right now you would get such a good deal I'm not sure the 550 benefits would be worth the wait.

Let's us know which way you go.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550 6 speed Carbon Black, Gray Dakota Leather, Black Bamboo Trim, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Sun Shades, Aux Input

I just got my 545 at the end of June that I ordered 7 weeks earlier. I got it for $1000 over invoice and a money factor of .001.

If it is a car on the lot you should be able to get them down to $500 over invoice - I would assume.

I decided to not wait for the 550 because I was leasing and knew the money factor would go through the roof. I also felt that 325 HP was probably sufficient - and didn't really need 360. It turns out that this car is so powerful that 95% of the time you can't even use all the power.

Good luck - either way you will enjoy this car every time you get in to drive it - I love it
Old 08-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,
Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan' date='Aug 8 2005, 06:03 PM
Hi there,

Background

I need some help.? I'm planning on ED in Nov or Dec for a 550.? Right now, I'd? go Mystic Blue with Beige interior, but next week I might revert back to silv grey or white.? :'(? ? I'm fairly certain on the other options, leaving out L7, comfort seats, sunshades, and HUD.? HUD was hard to ditch, but the price increase and comfort access option made my decision.? ? ?

That said, the wait is starting to kill me.? And there seems to be a chance to get a great deal on a 545 right now.? There are at least 5 545 silv gry with black interiors in the Midwest right now fairly loaded.? There are also two in white with beige.? I think the interior looks better with beige, but the color doesn't seem to match well with many exterior colors.?

Questions

Does black interior grow on you after awhile?? I mean it seems rather stark, although might look better with the interior dash lighting on.?

Can anyone share more pictures of the mystic blue with beige combo?? Its pretty darn rare, here in Chicago.? I'd love to check out a 545 with this combo in person.? If it rocked my boat, I'd would just wait for ED.

Lastly, if I cannot hold out, I'll shoot for a max of $1000 over invoice on the 545 with a money factor at .001 keeping the lease payment at around $750.? Sound reasonabe??

Thanks all

CVT Benhogan?
heres some more pics of the beige interior
Attached Thumbnails Need Help Deciding on Colors-wallet_0139.jpg   Need Help Deciding on Colors-wallet_0140.jpg   Need Help Deciding on Colors-wallet_0142.jpg  
Old 08-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

nordham wrote:

check these, the beige leather is not a problem, see a stain remove it! I would advise black mats with the carpet though. Hope they help.
[snapback]157109[/snapback]

Looks great and I've looked at your original post many times!! Its such a tough decision, as each color works better on different parts of the car. This is absolute blanking torture.

:'( CVT Benhogan
Old 08-08-2005, 01:47 PM
Contributors

How about the black on beige 2005 545 at BMW of Orland Park?
Old 08-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Just a general question.

Does leather come standard on US spec E60's or does it come with cloth trim?
Old 08-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tachyon' date='Aug 8 2005, 04:47 PM
How about the black on beige 2005 545 at BMW of Orland Park?
[snapback]157263[/snapback]

Hi there,

I think its a manual. According to my BMW Jacobs guy, there are only 5 545 in the Midwest in either Slvrgry, white, black or mystic blue. Thats with sport, Nav, and auto as minimum equipment. No Mystic blues at all. :'(

CVT Benhogan

Quick Reply: Need Help Deciding on Colors