E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need help and advice if anyone is nice enough

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i

Hello All-

I have seen a few very nice rides here on the board and want some advise since I like learning from my and other's mistakes. I just bought an '08 535i auto of which I'm very happy with so far. It has a lot of options and to my knowledge I think it only is missing the comfort access, Logic 7 (I have NO idea since to me the stereo sucks!), night vision, and I can't tell if it has active crise or not. The dealer owes me an owner's manual since i got it from a used car lot. It is White in color so of course I want black accents. My questions are as follows:
1. I want to paint the roof black, what type of paint should I use? Is there a best practice to do this?
2. I want a gloss kidney grill, who should I contact?
3. What is the best full exhaust system I can get that will utilize the added power of the JB3 when I get it? Is getting an intercooler worth it since I won't be tracking the car or driving it hard for long periods of time? (I had Magnaflow on my e46 M3 and it saved a lot weight so I liked it)
4. I want 6000k lights in the head and fogs, what brand do you recommend and where can I get them for a good price?

I will be getting black rims some day but I have no idea what since HRE Monoblocks are my fav. but are way too expensive. I won't be lowering the car, but will putting 19's on it give it too big of a gap??? Should I stick with an 18 incher? The appearance will be minimal since they will be black. I am rather happy with the car and am glad I got this instead of the V8. V8's are nice but they are not what BMW is known for nor were they as well built in the e39's.

Thanks for any and everyone's input if given.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Senior Members

Hello.

1. I want to paint the roof black, what type of paint should I use? Is there a best practice to do this?

Vinyl wrap the roof. Paint is costly, and not reversable. Vinyl wrap you can choose a variety of finishes. Search the parts/mods section using "vinyl wrap" for information.

2. I want a gloss kidney grill, who should I contact?

Gary Romani offers 25% discount for forum members. He can get you the OEM gloss black grills for 25% off (OEM is the only maker of gloss) See link: https://5series.net/forums/topic/180...sory-discount/

3. What is the best full exhaust system I can get that will utilize the added power of the JB3 when I get it? Is getting an intercooler worth it since I won't be tracking the car or driving it hard for long periods of time? (I had Magnaflow on my e46 M3 and it saved a lot weight so I liked it)

RPI GT exhaust is probably your best bet (albeit pricey). Intercoolers to my knowledge are not made for this car due to clearance issues, although I have heard of 335 intercoolers being retrofitted. Intercooler probably not necessary unless you are driving really hard for long periods of time.

4. I want 6000k lights in the head and fogs, what brand do you recommend and where can I get them for a good price?

Contact member Brabusw209amg. Stand up guy, and stands behind his lighting. He has everything you could ever want to do to your car for lighting mods. Nice to deal with as well.

Welcome to the forums and enjoy.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Congrats on the car and welcome to the forum.
For the roof and the other mods I'd suggest Trinity (trinityautosport.com) contact member Nerweezy - they are the best.
Another option for lighting needs is John - member brabusw209amg, both have great customer service and will make sure you get a good deal and are satisfied. Good luck
Old 03-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Members

Thank you guys SO much! I will use this information to the fullest extent. I will check out your references by giving them a call. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I will get started on making some purchases THIS weekend (lights mainly).
Bryan
Old 03-16-2010, 05:15 AM
Members

pjinca-
How do I search for brabusw209amg? By any chance do you have a phone number to him?

Thanks-
Old 03-16-2010, 05:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i, sport pkg, premium sound, sprint booster,

Originally Posted by bgreaves
pjinca-
How do I search for brabusw209amg? By any chance do you have a phone number to him?

Thanks-
Easy enough to find under member search: https://5series.net/forums/user/21645-brabusw209amg/
Old 03-16-2010, 05:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530iA 04

Why not just by an M5?!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by protams
Why not just by an M5?!
M5 = More in insurance
More in maintenance
More in gas consumption
More parts replacement
More in cost to buy

No brainer as far as I am concerned.... I paid exactly $31k for my car the weekend before last, doubt I would find an M5 as nice for a little bit more.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:55 AM
Contributors

1st post summed it all up very well!
Old 03-16-2010, 11:59 AM
Members

My Ride: Coming soon...

Originally Posted by bgreaves
The dealer owes me an owner's manual since i got it from a used car lot.
You can find a copy of your owners manual, and the 5 series sales brochure on the bmwusa website. They are in .pdf format.

Quick Reply: Need help and advice if anyone is nice enough