E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after i using CIP v26 to complete vehicle encoding, my radio, cd changer, and audio become cannot function. It show communication to CCC error. did any1 having this same problem as mine? or any1 have any suggestion?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by hood' post='489238' date='Nov 2 2007, 08:44 PM
after i using CIP v26 to complete vehicle encoding, my radio, cd changer, and audio become cannot function. It show communication to CCC error. did any1 having this same problem as mine? or any1 have any suggestion?
I would guess the CCC might be fried (happens in very rare cases after a Progman update) but perhaps you should explain how you updated the car yourself to begin with.

Also, CIP is a term that has not been in use since CIP 19. After that, it is Progman as in Progman 27.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY2005 E60 525i M Sports

It would help if you show your location...
Old 11-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='489261' date='Nov 2 2007, 09:19 PM
I would guess the CCC might be fried (happens in very rare cases after a Progman update) but perhaps you should explain how you updated the car yourself to begin with.

Also, CIP is a term that has not been in use since CIP 19. After that, it is Progman as in Progman 27.
the car want to change the radio frequency(the car is japan spec got 90.0Mhz only) to 108.00Mhz. so i try use progman v26 whether can change the frequency. After plugin progman, it request to update software . So i cancel update and proceed complete encoding. after finish encoding, at the final report it show X to the CCC, BO, CCC-ANT. then the radio gone after finish encoding. so i try to load sw to programming the CCC. at that time CCC was in red colour. after complete GW special measure. the CCC become orange colour and i try complete encoding again..after second time encoding, radio, cdc, and sound also gone..that's is the problem...
Old 11-05-2007, 12:51 AM
Contributors

Where are you located? i've had similar experiences where in my country, they bring in reconditioned cars (used) from japan and like your situation, it can only detect radio frequency of up to 90.0 mhz...to tell you the truth, if the car is a japan spec, you'll have to encode the car with a japan progman of your desired version (e.g. progman v26, v26.2, v27.0 etc.)...progman update for an eu spec is not compatible and will fry the ccc (as said by jspira)...the funny thing about progman updating is that even though a japan spec bmw is categorised as an eu spec car, the whole system of the i-drive is different...it uses special ccc for japan (whereas it offers md/cd as standard and the dvd or hdd for navigation in the rear boot)...even the tcu for telephone doesn't support bluetooth and the navigation system cannot read dvd maps for other countries except for japan due to the different system offered...(ours is navteq based dvd maps if i'm not mistaken).....

So, to answer your question on the radio frequency adjustment to suit your country with the existing ccc on the car, it is definately impossible...

you can't change the frequency range unless you change the antenna module (but not by encoding via progman)...fyi, the antenna has to be pre-programmed on an eu spec car first and swapped straight without encoding...this is the only way it can be done, but it will not function perfectly...in manual search mode, you can see the rds of your prefered station, but the frequency will only show up to 90.0...it's as if you've tricked the ccc...but in "memorised station" and "all station" it will show properly with/without rds activated.....

hope you understood my explanation...
Old 11-05-2007, 02:39 AM
Members

ok... i understood ur explain. thank u very much. 1 more thing, if i change the ccc then reprogram again with eu progman, will it work on this japan spec BMW?
Old 11-05-2007, 03:51 AM
Contributors

No...

p.s.- can't you just tell us where your location is so it would be more easier to help you out......
Old 11-05-2007, 04:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bmw_wpq31' post='490127' date='Nov 5 2007, 05:51 AM
So, to answer your question on the radio frequency adjustment to suit your country with the existing ccc on the car, it is definately impossible...
Based on his original post, the OP is getting a specific "communications to CCC" error as opposed to lack of reception due to different frequencies.

He has not, as of yet, explained how he is updating Progman himself.