E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 07:02 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i, comfort seating, Mtech bumper, magna flow exhaust, after market wheels, blacked out emblems
Question need help

im new to this forum and hope someone can help me out. i just replaced both valve cover gaskets along with new spark plugs and coils. good thing is no more leaks, bad thing is now the is not running right. rough idle, no power and vibrates. i havent been able to figure it out .

i have black 07 550i with 85k miles.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:43 AM
H F
New Members

My Ride: 2005 545

Originally Posted by watda
im new to this forum and hope someone can help me out. i just replaced both valve cover gaskets along with new spark plugs and coils. good thing is no more leaks, bad thing is now the is not running right. rough idle, no power and vibrates. i havent been able to figure it out .

i have black 07 550i with 85k miles.
Welcome to the forum ..

Iwould suggest that you go back and double check all the connector plugs on all the cam sensors are pushed all the way in , essentric shaft sensors . make sure the spark plug boots are fitted correctly and that all the coils are snapped on right . Make sure the maf sensor is connected properly .. Then check for vacume leaks and a cracked vacume hose ..

Hopefully its something you missed .. But If everything checks out good ,, there is a possibility that you broke the essentric shaft sensor . its really easy to do if you're not careful putting the covers on and off .

Last edited by H F; 01-02-2017 at 02:45 AM.
Old 01-02-2017, 01:12 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 550i, comfort seating, Mtech bumper, magna flow exhaust, after market wheels, blacked out emblems

ok, thanks. i hope its something simple.